Tampere University as an employer
At Tampere University, the spearheads of technology, health and society collaborate in a special way. Our research groups and projects conduct multidisciplinary and multisectoral research over organisational boundaries. Our higher education community is international, and our community members come from over 80 countries.
Building a sustainable world together
We are creating solutions for climate change and the preservation of natural environments and fostering the prosperity and sustainability of societies. In line with our strategy, we are increasing the University’s international attractiveness and the retention of talents by investing in mobility, international recruiting and relocation services. We are a global community actively collaborating with our international partners to build a sustainable world together.
Our values are responsibility, openness, critical thinking, diversity, learner-centredness, courage and erudition. These values are reflected, among other things, in the way we appreciate different people, fields and traditions, promote opportunities for learning and development, challenge established truths and have a passion for tackling the world’s most wicked problems together.
Our principles of recruitment
In line with the University’s strategy, we recruit, support and build the capacity of bold innovators of the future. Through successful recruitment, we strengthen the highest level of scientific and societal excellence in our community. To us, equality and non-discrimination are important principles. All our applicants are extended similar respect and all recruitment decisions are made taking into account the principles of equality and non-discrimination.
Read our recruitment principlesRead our policy on equality and non-discrimination 2019-2020 (PDF)Read how we assess teaching competenceRead the General collective agreement for Finnish universities (FEE website)
Supporting the development of work and capacity building
- Interesting tasks, job rotation and promotion opportunities
- Versatile ways to develop expertise: internal and external training and education, Open University and Open University of Applied Sciences (UAS) courses, continuous learning
- Flexible ways of working
- We support our employees’ cultural and sports activities
- SportUni offers great opportunities for sports and exercise on all campuses
- Tampere is a compact city close to nature with short commutes and good public transport
Support for well-being
- Comprehensive occupational health services
- Affordable restaurants and cafés on all campuses
- Ergonomic and modern tools and facilities