Tampere Universities came into being at the beginning of 2019 when the University of Tampere and Tampere University of Technology were merged to create the new foundation-based Tampere University that maintains close collaboration with Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
We are committed to combining world-class research and innovation activities, promoting multidisciplinary learning and lifelong partnerships and generating unique expertise in developing applications that benefit industry, business and the public sector.
Tampere University is one of the most multidisciplinary universities in Finland. Almost all internationally recognised fields of study are represented at the University. Our research groups conduct multidisciplinary research across institutional boundaries and our Centres of Excellence study body-on-chip systems and game cultures, among other things.
Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK)
Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK) is one of the largest and most popular universities of applied sciences in Finland. Our strengths are multidisciplinary education, creativity, and a strong international dimension. TAMK is a higher education institution oriented towards working life and RDI co-operation.
What we can offer you
- opportunities to undertake cross-institutional study and customise your degree
- integration of theory and practice to enhance learning
- wide range of entrepreneurship support services
- connections to the world of work
- international exposure and strong professional networks
- extensive opportunities for continuous learning.
- fresh insights from students
- access to both the latest research and practical expertise
- international networks
- cross-disciplinary perspectives
- broad spectrum of equipment and services
- information about new methods and innovations to support business.
- state-of-the-art research infrastructures
- extensive business connections and networks
- wide range of support services
- strong support for innovation and starting a business
- cross-disciplinary and international environment.
Tampere Universities is building an operating culture that promotes sustainable development in community activities, teaching, research, development and innovation, and social interaction.
Unit - together for deeper knowledge
Let yourself be amazed! Unit is the fresh interdisciplinary magazine of our university community that questions, explains, challenges and responds.
We develop digitalisation
The Digitalisation project is carried out to create a shared framework for guiding digital transformation across Tampere Universities.
We develop campuses
The goal of campus development is to create multi-purpose environments that support the everyday life of the community in the best possible way when people study, work, do research and meet others - facilities that correspond to the changing needs of the users and society now and in the future.
TUNI, TAU and TAMK – what do these abbreviations mean?
TUNI is the acronym for Tampere Universities community (or Tampere Universities). It comprises Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences. Tuni.fi is also our common address on the website and in emails.
TAU is the acronym for Tampere University.
TAMK is the abbreviation for Tampere University of Applied Sciences.