Tampere Universities came into being at the beginning of 2019 when the University of Tampere and Tampere University of Technology were merged to create the new foundation-based Tampere University that maintains close collaboration with Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
We are committed to combining world-class research and innovation activities, promoting multidisciplinary learning and lifelong partnerships and generating unique expertise in developing applications that benefit industry, business and the public sector.
Tampere University is one of the most multidisciplinary universities in Finland. Almost all internationally recognised fields of study are represented at the University. Our research groups conduct multidisciplinary research across institutional boundaries and our Centres of Excellence study body-on-chip systems and game cultures, among other things.
Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK)
Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK) is one of the largest and most popular universities of applied sciences in Finland. Our strengths are multidisciplinary education, creativity, and a strong international dimension. TAMK is a higher education institution oriented towards working life and RDI co-operation.
What we can offer you
- opportunities to undertake cross-institutional study and customise your degree
- integration of theory and practice to enhance learning
- wide range of entrepreneurship support services
- connections to the world of work
- international exposure and strong professional networks
- extensive opportunities for continuous learning.
- fresh insights from students
- access to both the latest research and practical expertise
- international networks
- cross-disciplinary perspectives
- broad spectrum of equipment and services
- information about new methods and innovations to support business.
- state-of-the-art research infrastructures
- extensive business connections and networks
- wide range of support services
- strong support for innovation and starting a business
- cross-disciplinary and international environment.