Tampere University as an employer
Our recruiting principles
According to our strategy, we recruit, support and develop brave reformers of the Future. With the help of successful recruitments we enforce the higher level scientific and societal knowledge in our community. Equality and non-discrimination are important values to us. All our applicants are treated with equal recpect and equality and non-dicrimination principles are being taken into account in all our recruiting decisions.
Support for your everyday work and professional development
- We help our employees tap into their full potential and develop their expertise by offering them interesting positions and opportunities to rotate between jobs and seek professional growth.
- Our employees have access to a variety of professional development opportunities, such as internal and external training, courses at the Open University of Applied Sciences and the Open University and on-the-job learning
- We provide a broad range of resources to facilitate project and group work
- Flexible work arrangements (such as flexitime for support staff and telework options)
- Comprehensive occupational health services
- Affordable campus restaurants and cafés
- Ergonomic and modern work environment and tools
- We follow the general collective agreement for Finnish universities
Healthy balance between work and personal life
- We support the cultural and sports activities of our employees.
- SportUni offers excellent sports and exercise facilities on all our campuses.
- Tampere is a compact lakeside city with effective public transport and services within easy reach.
As a researcher in our university
We aim at an increasingly transparent, many-sided approach in our research assessment. As the first Finnish university, we are committed to DORA declaration (San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment). A reliable and transparent assessment of the scientific merits is important to us, especially in recruiting.
HR Excellence in Research is an award given to us by the European Commission for developing our researchers' work conditions and career possibilities. It is also an acknowledgement of our inspiring, functional and equal work environment. Tampere University is commited to developing the work conditions, career options and recruiting of our researchers as well as to creating a good work environment for the researchers as outlined in the HRS4R quality work.
Tenure track career for researchers at Tampere University
The tenure track career system at Tampere University offers researchers an attractive and inspiring career system with a clear and predictable path towards a full professorship. Our tenure track career system is clear, transparent and predictable. We are committed to our tenure track researchers, offering them adequate resources for their research work and also supporting them in advancing towards a full professorship. We will support in and follow up the achievement of the mutually agreed, written goals during their whole career path.
We value and support teaching competence
Tampere University aspires to connect teaching and research closely. We also foster high-quality pedagogy and value and support teaching in our university. Successful recruiting is a key factor in developing our education and learning activities with this goal in mind. Read more on how do we assess teaching competence at the university and see also the table of the assessment criteria.
We are a part of Finnish and European EURAXESS network
We are actively involved with EURAXESS network. EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion is an initiative delivering information and support services to professional researchers. Backed by the European Union, member states and associated countries, it supports researcher mobility and career development, while enhancing scientific collaboration between Europe and the world. Our International HR team functions as EURAXESS Service Centre advising the researchers who consider moving to Finland in matters related to relocation.