Tampere University as an employer
We are committed to becoming the best employer among universities in Finland
Support for your everyday work and professional development
- We help our employees tap into their full potential and develop their expertise by offering them interesting positions and opportunities to rotate between jobs and seek professional growth.
- Our employees have access to a variety of professional development opportunities, such as internal and external training, courses at the Open University of Applied Sciences and the Open University and on-the-job learning
- We provide a broad range of resources to facilitate project and group work
- Flexible work arrangements (such as flexitime for support staff and telework options)
- Comprehensive occupational health services
- Affordable campus restaurants and cafés
- Ergonomic and modern work environment and tools
- We follow the general collective agreement for Finnish universities
Healthy balance between work and personal life
- We support the cultural and sports activities of our employees.
- SportUni offers excellent sports and exercise facilities on all our campuses.
- Tampere is a compact lakeside city with effective public transport and services within easy reach.
Tampere University has received the HR Excellence in Research Award in recognition of our efforts to ensure that our researchers are supported in developing their skills and careers. Our University is also an active member of the Euraxess network.