Software Engineering - information for new students
Congratulations – you have been selected in the next intake! You are warmly welcome to join the TAMK community and start building your future. This page has information, guidelines and schedules, which help you in getting started. Please read these instructions carefully.
Start of studies
The orientation studies for all new Software Engineering students will start
- in TAMK Main Campus, address Kuntokatu 3, 33520 Tampere,
- on Tuesday 22 August 2023 at 10.00 AM
- in Auditorium Room D1-02.
There will be student tutors in the lobby (doors on Teiskontie 33) to guide you to the right place.
Orientation days are not only mandatory for all students, they are the best way to get started. You will see and hear about our facilities and services, meet with everyone in your study group and get to know each other, talk to the key people in building your future: the head of your programme, your tutor teacher, other lecturers, your study counsellor, TAMK social counsellor, student union members and many more.
A detailed programme for the orientation week, possible restrictions (because of the pandemic) and other information will be updated here before the start of your studies. Please keep coming back!
All material needed and distributed during the Orientation days will be collected in the Guidance and tutoring -Teams, please sign up for the channel: Software Engineering 2023-2024 - Guidance and tutoring
Take a closer look at your curriculum to better understand your study and learning goals. The better you know the course content the easier it it is for you to start studying. To start with check what courses you will have in your first year.
This information is especially important if you wish to transfer credits for some previously completed higher education courses, since you need to propose the substitution and discuss the matter with your study counsellor.
If you have questions about accreditation or credit transfer, it is best to contact your Study Counsellor during 8 – 21 August to avoid the rush during the orientation days.
TAMK Welcome Team, welcome.tamk [at] tuni.fi
- Remember to read all the instructions for new students carefully. If you still have questions e.g. about tuition fees, immigration, student housing, or arriving to Tampere, Finland, you can always send question to TAMK Welcome Team, also while Study Affairs Counsellor or Student Counsellor are on vacation!
Study Counsellor, Senior Lecturer Mr Heikki Yli-Rämi (heikki.yli-rami [at] tuni.fi)
- on vacation until 8 August
- you can book a meeting with Student Counsellor Heikki Yli-Rämi after 8 August.