Admissions step-by-step checklist
- Check the general eligibility and programme-specific eligibility criteria of the programme/s you wish to apply. You are allowed to apply to three programmes at the same time.
- Read through the instructions on how to apply and start preparing your application documents as early as possible!
- Take a language test if required, please see the language requirements.
- When the application period opens, fill in the online application at Studyinfo.fi during the application period and upload required enclosures to the application.
- The application period is 8 December 2021 at 8.00 (UTC+2) - 12 January 2022 at 15.00 (UTC+2).
- Upload all required enclosures and send the educational documents by post to Tampere University Admissions Office within two weeks, by 26 January 2022 at 15.00 (UTC+2). The documents must reach the University by the given deadline and they must be delivered according to the country-specific requirements, if applicable.
- You can apply for a scholarship on the application form, if applicable.
- Wait for the admission results to be announced at the end of March 2022.
- If you are offered a study place, remember to accept it by the given deadline. Pay the tuition fee, if required.
- Start preparing for your arrival in Finland well in advance.
- Register as a student and join the Tampere University community when the studies start in August 2022!
Application process in detail
Carefully read through the general eligibility criteria and the programme-specific eligibility criteria, and ensure that you meet the criteria of the programme you wish to apply to. Applicants who do not meet the criteria cannot be selected.
English language requirements
All applicants must demonstrate their proficiency in English language, usually with an internationally recognised academic language test score or with the means of previous studies accepted by the University. Please make sure that you register for a language test well in advance. There might not be many test dates available or they may be fully booked. For further information, please see language requirements.
Check which application documents you are required to submit. All application enclosures need to be uploaded on your application online but in addition officially certified copies of educational documents need to be submitted by post. Having educational documents officially certified may take time. We recommend that you start preparing these matters well before the application period begins.
Check if there are any country-specific requirements for your educational documents. Applicants whose degrees have been awarded in certain countries need to pay special attention to the documentation before submitting their application. Some documents may be required to be sent separately by a third party. Make sure that also these documents are delivered in time. These country-specific requirements must always be followed first and foremost, prior to any regular requirements.
The online application form will be available only during the application period only at Studyinfo.fi. The application period starts on 8 December 2021 at 8 am (UTC+2) and ends on 12 January 2022 at 3 pm (UTC+2). It is not possible to submit an application before or after this deadline. You can edit your application within the application period and you can upload attachments until 26 January 2022 at 15.00 (UTC+2). Documents sent by post must arrive by the same deadline.
You can only submit one online application form. By using the same form, you are allowed to apply to a maximum of 3 different Master’s Programmes. When applying, you must prioritise your programme choices (1-3). If accepted, you will be offered a study place in only one programme (the highest prioritised programme that you qualify for). Please note that the order of preference is binding and it cannot be changed after the application period ends.
After you have submitted your application, you will receive an automatic message from Studyinfo.fi confirming that your online application form has been received. The automatic message includes your application number (type 188.8.131.522.11.00000000000000000000). Please note to use an email that you have access to until the possible start of studies in autumn. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your junk mail folder. Otherwise, please contact Tampere University Admissions Services.
It is your responsibility to make sure that all the documents meet the given requirements and are submitted in time. After your educational documents delivered by post have been received, the Admissions Office will process your application and check that your application contains all the required documents.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements or do not submit the documents required will not be proceed to academic evaluation.
There is no entrance examination to the English-language Master's Programmes at Tampere University. The student selection is made by Admission Committees at the faculties on the basis of your academic qualifications and merits shown in your application documents. Admission to studies leading directly to a master's degree will be based on the applicant’s bachelor's degree conferred by a university or a university of applied sciences. Depending on programme-specific admission requirements, the programme may take into account skills previously acquired by applicants when considering applications.
Student selection takes into account your:
- success in previous studies
- English language proficiency
- motivation to study in the programme.
For additional information on scoring and evaluation, please see the paragraph on scoring on each programme’s webpage.
If you have applied for a scholarship, your scholarship application will be evaluated separately, but the results are announced at the same time as the results of student selection.
Announcement of results
The admissions committees of the different programmes have different schedules and therefore you cannot be informed of your application status during the selection process. Admission results are announced at the end of March 2022.
In case of any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at Tampere University Admissions Services.