Ready to apply? Great! Here you can find all the necessary information when applying to a Master’s programme in Tampere University.
If you are interested in the Tampere University of Applied Sciences master’s programmes, please check Applying to TAMK Master’s programmes.
- Check the general eligibility and programme-specific eligibility criteria of the programme/s you wish to apply. You are allowed to apply to three programmes at the same time.
- Read through the instructions on how to apply and start preparing your application documents as early as possible!
- Take a language test if required, please see the language requirements.
- When the application period opens, fill in the online application at Studyinfo.fi during the application period and upload required enclosures to the application. The application period is 4 December 2019 at 8.00 GMT+2 - 15 January 2020 at 15.00 GMT+2.
- Upload all required enclosures and send the educational documents by post to Tampere University Admissions Office by 31 January 2020 at 15.00 GMT+2. The documents must reach the University by the given deadline and they must be delivered according to the country-specific requirements, if applicable.
- Wait for the admission results to be announced at the end of March 2020.
- If you are offered a study place, remember to accept it by the given deadline.
- Pay the tuition fee if required. Start preparing for your arrival in Finland.
- Register as a student and join the Tampere University community!
Application process in detail
Carefully read through the general eligibility criteria and the programme-specific eligibility criteria, and ensure that you meet the criteria of the programme you wish to apply to. Applicants who do not meet the criteria cannot be selected.
Check which application documents you are required to submit and make sure to obtain them in time.
Remember to check if there are any country-specific requirements for your documents. Applicants whose degrees have been awarded in certain countries need to pay special attention to the documentation before submitting their application. Some documents may be required to be sent separately by a third party. Make sure that also these documents are delivered in time. These country-specific requirements must always be followed first and foremost, prior to any regular requirements.
All applicants must demonstrate their proficiency in English language, usually with an internationally recognised academic language test score or with the means of previous studies accepted by the University. Please make sure that you register for a language test well in advance. There might not be many test dates available or they may be fully booked. For further information, please see language requirements.
The online application form will be available during the application period only at Studyinfo.fi. The application period starts on 4 December 2019 at 8 am (GMT+2) and ends on 15 January 2020 at 3 pm (GMT+2). It is not possible to submit an application after this deadline.
You can only submit one online application form. By using the same form, you are allowed to apply to a maximum of 3 different Master’s programmes. When applying, you must prioritise your programme choices (1-3). If accepted, you will be offered a study place in only one programme (the highest prioritised programme that you qualify for). Please note that the order of preference is binding and it cannot be changed after the application period ends.
After you have submitted your application, you will receive an automatic message from Studyinfo.fi confirming that your online application form has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your junk mail folder. Otherwise, please contact Tampere University Admissions Services.
It is your responsibility to make sure that all the documents meet the given requirements and are submitted in time. After your educational documents delivered by post have been received, the Admissions Office will process your application and check that your application contains all the required documents.
There is no entrance examination to the English-language Master's degree programmes at Tampere University. The student selection is made by Admission Committees at the faculties on the basis of your academic qualifications and merits shown in your application documents.
Student selection takes into account your:
- success in previous studies
- English language proficiency
- motivation to study in the programme.
For additional information on scoring and evaluation, please see the paragraph on scoring on each programme’s webpage.
The admissions committees of the different programmes have different schedules and therefore you cannot be informed of your application status during the selection process. Admission results are announced at the end of March 2020.
In case of any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at Tampere University Admissions Services.