Admissions step-by-step checklist
- Check the general eligibility and programme-specific eligibility criteria of the programme/s you wish to apply. You are allowed to apply to three programmes at the same time.
- Read through the instructions on how to apply and start preparing your application documents as early as possible!
- Take a language test if required, please see the language requirements.
- When the application period opens, fill in the online application at Studyinfo.fi during the application period and upload required attachments to the application.
The application period is 7 December 2022 at 8.00 (UTC+2) - 11 January 2023 at 15.00 (UTC+2).
- Upload all required attachments and send the educational documents by post to Tampere University Admissions Office by the deadline of 1 February 2023 at 15.00 (UTC+2). The documents must reach the University by the given deadline, and they must be delivered according to the country-specific requirements, when applicable.
- You can apply for a scholarship on the application form if tuition fees apply.
- Wait for the admission results to be announced by the end of March 2023.
- If you are offered a study place, remember to accept it by the given deadline. Pay the tuition fee, if required.
- Start preparing for your arrival in Finland well in advance.
- Register as a student and join the Tampere University community when the studies start in August 2023!
Application process in detail
Carefully read through the general eligibility criteria and the programme-specific eligibility criteria, and ensure that you meet the criteria of the programme you wish to apply to. Applicants who do not meet the criteria cannot be selected.
English language requirements
All applicants must demonstrate their proficiency in English language, usually with an internationally recognised academic language test score or with previous studies as accepted by the University. Please make sure that you register for a language test well in advance. There might not be many test dates available, or they may be fully booked. For further information, please see language requirements.
Check which application documents you are required to submit. All application attachments need to be uploaded on your application online. In addition, officially certified copies of educational documents need to be submitted by post. Having educational documents officially certified may take time. We recommend that you start preparing your documents well before the application period begins.
Please note our country-specific requirements, whether any apply to your educational documents. Applicants with degrees awarded in certain countries need to pay special attention to the documentation before submitting their application. Some documents may be required to be sent separately by a third party. Make sure that these documents are also delivered on time. These country-specific requirements must always be followed first and foremost, prior to any regular requirements.
Documents submitted as application attachments will not be returned.
The online application form will be available only during the application period and can be filled only at Studyinfo.fi. The application period begins 7 December 2022 at 8.00 (UTC+2) and ends 11 January 2023 at 15.00 (UTC+2). It is not possible to apply before or after this timeline. You can edit your application during the application period, and you can upload attachments until 1 February January 2023 at 15.00 (UTC+2). Documents sent by post must arrive by the same deadline.
You can submit only one online application form with a maximum of 3 different Master’s Programmes. When applying, you must prioritise your programme choices (1-3). If accepted, you will be offered a study place in only one programme (the highest prioritised programme that you qualify for). Please note that the order of preference is binding, and it cannot be changed after the application period ends.
After you have submitted your application, you will receive an automatic message from Studyinfo.fi confirming that your online application form has been received. The automatic message includes your application number (e.g. 188.8.131.522.11.00000000000000000000). Use only an email address that you have access to until the possible start of studies in autumn. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your junk mail folder. Otherwise, please contact Tampere University Admissions Services.
It is your responsibility to make sure that all the documents meet the given requirements and are submitted in time. The Admissions Office will process your application and check that your application contains all the required documents once your educational documents delivered by post have been received. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements or do not submit the required documents will not proceed to academic evaluation.
There is no entrance examination to the Master's Programmes taught in English at Tampere University. The student selection is made by the faculty Admission Committees based on your academic qualifications and merits shown in your application documents. Admission to studies leading directly to a master's degree will be based on the applicant’s bachelor's degree conferred by a university or a university of applied sciences. Depending on programme-specific admission requirements, the programme may consider skills previously acquired by applicants when evaluating applications.
The student selection process is based on your:
- success in previous studies
- English language proficiency
- motivation to study in the programme.
For additional information on scoring and evaluation, please see each programme's admission criteria in Studyinfo.fi.
If you have applied for a scholarship, your scholarship application will be evaluated separately, but the results are announced at the same time as the results of student selection.
Announcement of results
The admissions committees of the different programmes have different schedules and therefore you cannot be informed of your application status during the selection process. Admission results are announced at the end of March 2023.
Please visit FAQ on applying for a master's programme at Tampere University. Also, do not hesitate to contact us at Tampere University Admissions Services.