Tuition fees at Tampere University
You will not be required to pay the fee if you are:
- an EU/EEA citizen
- equivalent to EU/EEA citizen (i.e. citizen of Switzerland)
- British citizen who has entered Finland before 1 January 2021 and registered the right to residence in Finland in accordance with the withdrawal agreement Article 50
- already reside in Finland (a continuous A residence permit granted on other grounds than studies or a permanent P/P-EU residence permit), or have an EU Blue Card issued in Finland. The exempting residence permit must be valid when you are applying for studies and at least until 1 August i.e. when the study right commences. Please note that a residence permit in another EU/EEA country does not exempt you from the tuition fee.
There are no tuition fees in doctoral programmes.
If you are unsure about whether you are subject to tuition fees, please see Do I have to pay tuition fees? section on the Studyinfo.fi site.
Tuition Fees at Tampere University
The tuition fee is 10,000€ per academic year in the following degree programmes:
Bachelor´s Programmes in:
- Science and Engineering
- Socially Sustainable Societies
- Sustainable Urban Development
Master's Programmes in:
- Peace, Mediation and Conflict Research
- Public and Global Health
- Social Science Research
- Teaching, Learning and Media Education
The tuition fee is 6,000€ per academic year in the following joint degree programmes:
The tuition fee is 12,000€ per academic year in the following degree programmes:
Master's Programmes in:
- Automation Engineering
- Biomedical Sciences and Engineering
- Biomedical Technology
- Business and Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Computing Sciences and Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Game Studies
- Leadership for Change
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Photonics Technologies
- Security and Safety Management (SAFER)
- Sustainable Architecture
- Sustainable Societies and Digitalisation
What does the tuition fee cover?
The tuition fee covers educational expenses such as courses, academic supervision, exams, counselling and university support services such as student services, use of library and IT services.
The tuition fee does not cover personal study-related costs such as study materials (books, computers, printers and such), or the mandatory membership fee of the Student Union TREY.
Besides the tuition fee, make sure that you have sufficient financial means for your living costs such as rent, personal expenses, transportation costs, meals, insurance, etc. as they will not be covered by the tuition fee. Please see more information on living costs.
Read more on tuition fees in the Student's Guide
For information on Tampere University scholarships, please see Tampere University scholarships
For more information on our programmes, please see Bachelor's programmes and Master's programmes