Online application form
The online application form will be available during the application period at Studyinfo.fi. The application period for 2019 intake has ended. Application to our programmes is once a year in December - January. The exact dates for each application period will be published by the beginning of the autumn semester.
You can submit only one online application form. You are allowed to apply to a maximum of 3 different Master’s programmes. When applying, you must prioritise your programme choices (1-3). If accepted, you will be offered admission to only one programme (the highest prioritised programme that you qualify for). The order of preference is binding and it cannot be changed after the application period ends. More information on the application process.
You will need to upload all application documents below online at Studyinfo.fi.
In addition to uploading the application documents on the application, you must submit the officially certified copies of your educational documents (enclosures 1-3) to Tampere University Admissions Office by post.
- Officially certified or legalised copy of the Bachelor's degree certificate in the original language
- Officially certified or legalised copy of the official transcript of records of the Bachelor's degree in the original language
- Official translation of the Bachelor's degree certificate and of the transcript of records unless issued in English, Finnish or Swedish
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Résumé
- Copy of your passport's ID page or EU/EEA/Switzerland identity card, and possible residence permit to Finland
- Check if there are any programme-specific enclosures and submit them too.
Required educational documents
You must send the following educational documents (enclosures 1-3, see below) by post to Tampere University Admissions Office by 30 January 2019
FI-33014 Tampere University
Street address and telephone number for arriving courier deliveries:
Tampere University Admissions Office at Central Campus:
Kalevantie 4, Main Building
33100 Tampere, Finland
Tel. +358 50 318 7001
Please note that you must upload these documents also for the online application form at Studyinfo.fi.
What are officially certified (attested) and legalised copies
We do not accept regular photocopies of educational documents. All educational documents must either be officially certified by the awarding institution, or legalised copies. For some countries, there are country-specific document requirements that must be followed before any other requirements for document attestation. In addition, officially certified copies issued by a Finnish Notary Public are accepted. Find more information at the website of the Local Register Office (maistraatti).
Please note that officially certified copies issued by notaries public in other countries are not accepted without legalisation. Please find more information below.
Other required application documents
In addition to the documents above, all applicants must upload the following enlosures (enclosures 4-7, see below) for the online application form at Studyinfo.fi. Please also check the Master programme webpage for any programme-specific enclosures.
How to upload application documents for the online application form at Studyinfo.fi
Please read the following instructions before uploading the documents:
- Scan the documents. Do not take photos as the quality may not be sufficient for processing the documents.
- Scan all document pages containing any text. Remember to scan both sides of the documents if they contain anything (text, stamps, etc.) at all. Check the scan to see that everything on the original document is legible on the scan.
- The files must be in PDF format.
- All documents that are in the same category (for example the degree certificate or transcript of records) should be scanned into ONE (1) file. Do not make a separate file for each page.
- Name the documents as follows:
- Degree certificate: lastname(s) firstname degree certificate.pdf
- Transcript of records: lastname(s) firstname transcript.pdf
- Language test results: lastname(s) firstname language test.pdf
- Motivation letter: lastname(s) firstname motivation letter.pdf
- CV/Résumé: lastname(s) firstname CV.pdf
- Copy of your passport: lastname(s) firstname passport.pdf
- Copy of your residence permit: lastname(s) firstname residence permit.pdf
- If the Master programme requires any other documents, name the documents using the same pattern.
Instructions for applicants in the final year of the Bachelor's degree
You are eligible to apply in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree if the degree will be completed by 31 July 2019 and you are able to deliver officially certified copies of the degree certificate and final transcript of records by post to Tampere University so that they arrive by 14 August 2019. In this case, you can be admitted to a Master's programme conditionally. If you do not submit an officially certified copy of your degree certificate to Tampere University by the given deadline, your conditional admission will expire.
If you will receive your final degree certificate after the application deadline, you will need to provide the following information in a statement uploaded for your online application form:
- your own statement explaining that you have not graduated yet
- list of the course units that are yet to be finished and
- your expected date of graduation.
This statement replaces the degree certificate during the application process. Please name the statement: lastname(s) firstname statement.pdf
At this point, no statements/stamps from your university officials are required but you must submit an official transcript and its official translation into English, Finnish or Swedish.
Please note that the transcript of records must include the name of the degree you will be awarded when you graduate (Bachelor of, Master of, etc.). If your transcript of records does not include the name of the degree, you must submit officially certified educational documents where the name of the degree is stated or an official statement issued by the awarding institution.
See also the list above of other application enclosures you need to submit.