Board of Tampere University Foundation invites 11 applicants for the next phase of finding President
The applicants invited for the next phase are
- Marko Hakovirta, Professor, Faculty Senator, North Carolina State University
- Mika Hannula, Vice Rector, University of Turku
- Jari Hämäläinen, Vice Rector, LUT University
- Keijo Hämäläinen, Rector, University of Jyväskylä
- Risto Kunelius, Professor, Director, University of Helsinki
- Jari Kuusisto, Senior Advisor, University of Vaasa
- Antti Lönnqvist, Dean, Tampere University
- Eeva Moilanen, Professor, Chair of Academic Board, Tampere University
- Kimmo Nuotio, Professor, Director, University of Helsinki
- Kalle-Antti Suominen, Vice Rector, University of Turku
- Tapio Visakorpi, Vice President, Tampere University
Tampere University’s current President Mari Walls has withdrawn from the recruitment process.
According to the Chair of the Board Jorma Eloranta, the selection process is advancing on schedule:
“The Board has continued the selection process according to the plan published in December and taken a very close look at the applications. I am convinced we will find the future President for the university community as the result of our meticulous selection process.”
The recruitment will continue with interviews that will be undertaken with the tendered partner IMS Talent. The Board will decide on the interviewees in the second phase at its meeting on 14 February 2023.
The university community will be invited to talk with the top candidates at an event that will be organised on 16 March 2023.
The current term of office of the President will end on 31 December 2023.
President Mari Walls withdraws from the recruitment process
Current President Mari Walls has withdrawn from the ongoing recruitment process for the position of President of Tampere University.
“I arrived at this decision based on overall consideration. The university merger phase has required leadership and experience related to change management. The University is currently moving forward to the next phase,” Walls says.
Chair of the Board Jorma Eloranta thanks Mari Walls for her work for the benefit of the Tampere University Foundation.
“Our collaboration will continue. The Board will naturally continue to give its full support to the President’s work,” Eloranta says.
Enquiries related to the recruitment process:
Jorma Eloranta, Chair of the Board of Tampere University Foundation sr
jorma.eloranta [at] tuni.fi (jorma[dot]eloranta[at]tuni[dot]fi)