All library facilities and customer service will be closed from 2nd of December 2020 to 10th of January 2021
The pick-up service points of the material will open for customers to the units of Tampere University Library in Linna, Hervanta and TAMK Main campus.
Pick-up service points are open Mon-Fri from 8.00 to 16.00. Access to the pick-up service points of the Linna and TAMK Main campus is only possible with access / key card. The pick-up service point at the Hervanta unit can be reached without a key card during opening hours Mon-Fri 8.00-16.00.
All services of the library, including chat, e-mail and material pick-up service points, will be closed at the turn of the year from 21st of December 2020 to 3rd of January 2021.
- If the door does not open with your access card, contact the information on the campus in question to check / activate the access right.
You can get information about the campus access rights from this intranet page. Contact info on all campus info desks can be found from this link.
The library's pick-up service points are located in various locations in electronically controlled premises.
- Linna pick-up service point is located next to the main entrance of the Linna unint in the Idea space at the Kalevantie-side, which has an entrance from the outside through a separate door.
- Hervanta pick-up service point will continue its service on the 1st floor of the Kampusareena in Logos (A119).
- TAMK Main campus pick-up service point is located in the lobby in front of the library entrance in the G-wing on the Kuntokatu side.
All pick-up service points are open with access / key card Mon-Fri from 8.00 to 16.00. Only the Hervanta pick-up service point is also open to customers outside the university community without key card Mon-Fri 8.00-16.00.
All Library customers are able to order / reserve books which are on shelf with this form. Please note the library's Christmas break 21.12.-3.1., when the pick-up points are closed and no book ordes are handled. The material on loan will be reserved as usual in Andor.
The form can be used to order material on the shelf by any library customer who already has a valid library card and access rights to campus premises. Reservations of the material on loan are still being made in Andor.
For external customers, it is only possible to order all the material at the pick-up service point of the Hervanta unit and only with the order form.
For external customers, it is only possible to order all the material at the collection point of the Hervanta office and only with the order form.
The material can only be picked up by the person who reserved the material with their access / key card, and a valid library card is required for borrowing. Staying unnecessary at the pick-up service points is not allowed!
- Follow the safety guidelines indoors and follow the restrictions on number of persons in limited indoors space. No unnecessarily multiple people in the same space.
- Transactions at the pick-up service point must be waited in line outside the premises, observing the safety guidelines, if there are already multiple people in the premises.
- Hand desinfection is available at pick-up service points - use it!
- If you have any respiratory symptoms or feel ill, do not pick up the book yourself indoors.
The return boxes of the library's units are open.
The locations of the return boxes / return hatches at each location are:
- Linna: beside the main entrance of Linna building on Kalevantie street side
- Arvo: near the front door of Arvo building, Teiskontie street side
- Hervanta: in the elevator lobby on the 1st floor of Kampusareena. When the building is closed, you can leave your loans in a box labelled "Library returns" outside the entrance on the Main Building side.
- TAMK Main campus: When the building is closed, you can leave your loans in the book return box at the main entrance of the campus, Teiskontie street side.
- TAMK Mediapolis: return books to other Tampere University Library units.
Despite the closure of the library's premises, all the library's online services will continue as normal.
This page contains Tampere University Library policies during the corona virus pandemic.