Tampere University Library
Using the Library
Borrow, return, request, renew
You can use your library card in all our Library units. You are responsible for the items borrowed with your library card, so you need to keep track of due dates and renew or return your loans on time.
- Please note, that if you have 25 € or more of unpaid library fees, you are not able to borrow books or renew your loans.
You need a four digit PIN code to borrow books at self service.
- If you don't have a PIN code yet or have forgotten it, you can set a new PIN in Andor.
- Login, select My Account and then choose Update Password / PIN.
- Alternatively, you can set / change your PIN by contacting the library.
Return your loans on the due date at latest.
- When the library is closed, you can use the return boxes.
- See the whereabouts of the boxes from the Library units' contact info.
- You can also return loans by mailing them straight to us. Use the addresses found from Library units' contact info.
- We don't pick up packages from parcel points.
- Overnight loans, books from reference collection, devices and keys must be returned to the library unit they were borrowed from.
You’ll receive a courtesy notice of the approaching due date four days before the due date and in the morning of the due date. We’ll send you four notices of overdue items; first right after the due date, next ones a week, two weeks and three weeks from the due date.
- If there are problems with the arrival of the notice, you are still responsible for returning or renewing the loans in time and also bound to pay the possible overdue charges.
You can request a book that is currently on loan or located at another Library unit through Andor.
- Overnight loans and books in the reference collection can't be requested.
- When your request is available for pick up, you’ll be notified by email. On the notice you’ll see your personal requester identifier, the pick up location and the last day for pick up. Normally the time for picking up is one week.
- Please note, that you can't place a request on a book which is available on a shelf at the same unit you wan't to pick it up from. In this case, collect the book from it's shelf yourself and borrow it as usual.
You can find your request on the self service pick up shelf organized by the personal identifier. Borrow the requested materials with the self-service machine.
You can renew your loans in Andor or by sending us an email library [at] tuni.ficlass="spamspan".
- You can renew a loan if there are no requests for the item and your fines are under 25 €.
- Overnight loans can't be renewed.
If you can't renew your loans because of a service break in Andor or another technical problem, you can renew them by phone, or by email. A service break or a technical problem is not a reason to cancel the possible overdue fees.
Our library is open to everyone. You can get a Library card by visiting the library's customer service desk with a photo ID.
If you are a member of Tampere universities, you can download the Tuudo application to your phone.
- Registering as a customer is easy in Tuudo. Log in with your Tuni credentials. Open the Tuudo Library page and click the "Add card" button. Fill in the necessary information and you can use the library's services.
If you are a member of Tampere Universities, you can order a library card also with a form at self service portal. Students can activate their student card to work as a library card.
As a library card holder you are bound to comply with the library regulations and are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card. Please, read the service rules from our Library info page.
- General collection 28 days
- Course books 14 days
- Period loans 56 days
- Over night loans, night/weekend loan
- Return before 10 am next working day
- Theses 28 days
- Archive copies can’t be borrowed
- Borrowable sheet music 28 days
- Journals, not available for loan
- Borrowable recordings and DVDs 28 days
- Ni myRIO devices 28 days
- Lockers, Dippakärryt, Thesis Lockers 90 days