Tampere University Library
PO Box 617
33014 Tampereen yliopisto
library [at] tuni.fi
Customer service +358 40 190 9696
You can return your loans to a return box outside the library hours. The box is located next to the Linna builging's entrance on the Kalevantie side.
Studying at the library
There are studying places on all floors of the library. Please be considerate of others studying. The library is not a silent area, but it is recommended that you keep your conversations short and your voices lowered or use the co-study areas mentioned below. You can use the phone booths at the 2nd and 3rd floor for your calls.
Bookable group study rooms
The group work spaces in the library are for study and research purposes. Rooms can be booked Mon–Fri 8–22. On other times they can be used without a booking.
You can book study rooms in Resource Booker. You can book a room 7 days in advance. One booking is max 2 hours. One person can book rooms max 2 times a day and 4 times a week.
When booking a group study room please remember:
- Be on time, the room becomes available for others 15 minutes after your booking time if you are not there.
- If you are not able to come, please cancel your booking in Resource Booker.
Please, consider the other users nearby and take care of peaceful studying environment.
Asumaniemi (3019), 3rd floor; max 3 people.
Lehto (3018), 3rd floor; max 6 people. Dataprojector.
Rahikainen (3017), 3rd floor;;max 5 people. Dataprojector.
Riitaoja (3015), 3rd floor; max 3 people.
Vanhala (3016), 3rd floor; max 6 people. Dataprojector.
Open group study rooms
Open group study rooms in Linna unit are freely available for you and your study group if they are not currently in use by someone else. Please, consider the other users nearby and take care of peaceful studying environment.
Alma (1050), 1st floor
Jussi (1051), 1st floor
Hietanen (3052), 3rd floor
Kaarna (3050), 3rd floor; dataprojector
Kariluoto (3053), 3rd floor; dataprojector
Koskela (3051), 3rd floor
Lahtinen (3056), 3rd floor
Lyyti (3057), 3rd floor
Pentinkulma (3023), 3rd floor
Rokka (3054), 3rd floor
Susi (3055), 3rd floor
Torppa (3008), 3rd floor
Vera (3058), 3rd floor
In the multipurpose space you can study alone or with a group. This space is available when the Library is open. Please, consider the other users and take care of peaceful studying environment.
- Pohjantähti, 1st floor
Library's classrooms on the 3rd floor are freely available for study purposes outside teaching hours. Classrooms can be reserved only for the Library's use. The use of classroom computers requires tuni user account. The teacher's computer is only for staff use. Please, consider the other users and take care of peaceful studying environment.
- Akseli (3021)
- Elina (3022)
Linna's Reading Room is located on the 2nd floor and the entrance is in the main lobby of Linna building (Kalevantie street side). Reading Room is open according to the Library's opening hours and available with the key card 24/7 for students of the University community. When the building is closed, use the door on the left side of the building when looking from Kalevantie.
- There is a break room where you can take a break and have a snack.
- There is camera surveillance and access control in the Reading Room.
In the Reading Room you'll take care of peaceful studying environment when you
- Use your mobile phone only outside the Reading Room. Switch your phone to silent mode when you enter.
- Listen with headphones on low volume.
- If you have to discuss with other people, please go outside the room.
Emma distance learning room
Distance learning room Emma, located at the Linna's reading room, is a space where you can participate in virtual lectures using your own device.
- Use of personal headphones is essential to avoid disturbing other users of the space.
- No group work or other discussion.
- Brief comments on the lecture are allowed.
In addition to participating in virtual lectures, the room can also be used as a reading room.
You can use microfilms and microfiches on Library's 1st floor.
is located in the Main building, floor 0, on the City centre campus.
Open according to Main building's opening hours. Service Tue 12–14.
During the service hours, you can contact the reading room staff by phone. Call +358 50 563 0935.
There is self-service at the unit normally Mon–Fri 8–10. With key card self-service hours also Mon–Fri till 22 and 10–17 on Saturdays and Sundays.
Borrow and return
- You can borrow books with the lending machines. The machines are located at the 1st and 2nd floor.
- Requested books can be collected with self-service. Remember to check out the books you have requested.
- Return your loans with the returning machine at the 1st floor.
- If the machine is out of order, you can leave the books to the outside return box by the Linna's Kalevantie entrance.
- You can pay your possible fees online in Andor.
- All the library spaces are in use during the self-service hours.
- On the evenings and weekends use the main entrance. The doors open with your key card.
- The card reader is on the wall, on the right hand's side from the doors.
- You can book the group study rooms as usual.
- On Saturdays the group study rooms can be used freely, no reservations.
- The reading room is open normally 24/7 with the key card.
- When the building is closed, use the entrance located on the left side of Linna.