The Library is located on the zero floor of Kampusareena on Hervanta campus. Hervanta has materials in various fields of technology, architecture, natural sciences, economics and management.
Tampereen University Library
33014 Tampereen yliopisto
kirjasto [at] tuni.fi
Customer service +358 40 198 1600
You can return your loans to a return box outside the library hours. The other box is located inside Kampusareena, next to the elevators at the 1. floor. The other is outside at the Kampusareena's entrance towards the Main building.
You can now get to know our facilities in more detail through new video demonstrations online. The videos are on Youtube and they are 360 videos where you can view the spaces more widely by moving the mouse during the video.
Bookable group study rooms
The group work spaces in the library are for study and research purposes. Rooms can be booked Mon–Fri 8–22. On other times they can be used without a booking.
You can book study rooms in Resource Booker. You can book a room 7 days in advance. One booking is max 2 hours. One person can book rooms max 2 times a day and 4 times a week.
When booking a group study room please remember:
- Be on time, the room becomes available for others 15 minutes after your booking time if you are not there.
- If you are not able to come, please cancel your booking in Resource Booker.
Argon (A022); 2–14 persons. Touch screen, white board.
Krypton (A023); 2–6 persons. Screen, white board. Couch, no desk.
Ksenon (A024); 2–8 persons. Screen, white board.
Neon (A069); 2–4 persons. Screen.
Other study spaces
- Teknetium (A013) - computers; group working not allowed
- Litium (A015) - quiet study space, use of electronic devices not recommended
- Kandium (A018) - peaceful study space
- Helium (A021) - peaceful study space, two large screens
There is a variety of seats for reading and studying around the Library. See at our sound landscape to find the peaceful areas for studying and those areas where you can discuss and do group work. There is also a kitchen corner available for students.
3D printer and virtual reality devices
You can book the devices in your Outlook calendar.
When you book a device, please remember:
- Be on time. The room becomes available to others 15 minutes after the booked time if you are not there.
- If you can't come, cancel your booking.
- Don’t left a printer unattended.
3D-printer (A073); Bookable. Printing material PLA plastic.
Virtual reality (A028); Bookable. Borrow a key from the Hervanta customer service before your booking starts.
Using the 3D printers
There are a 3D printer for the students to use in Hervanta. With the printer you can make for example models for your studies. Print models should be in .stl or .obj form. We use PLA plastic as a printing material.
You can print on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9 to 15 or by arrangement. You’ll find detailed instructions for printing beside the printers and also the staff is willing to guide you.
Using the virtual reality devices
Tampere University students and staff can use virtual reality devices at the Library’s unit in Hervanta. VR devices can be booked for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9 to 15 or by arrangement. One booking is two hours.
When your booking starts, borrow a key to the device cabinet from the Hervanta customer service. You need a personal Steam account to use the devices. Steam account is free and we recommend that you get it before your first booking. You’ll find detailed instructions for using the devices in the VR room.
There are self-service hours normally Mon–Fri 8–10 and Tue–Fri 14–16. With key card self-service 24/7.
Borrow and return
- You can borrow books with the lending machines. The machines are located by the central staircase and at the entrance with the red staircase.
- Requested books can be collected with self-service. Remember to check out the books you have requested.
- Return your loans with the returning machine, wich is located near the service desk.
- If the machine is out of order, you can leave the books to the return box by the elevators at the 1st floor or the box outside at the entrance towards the Main building.
- You can pay your possible fees online in Andor.
- The library spaces are in use during the self-service hours.
- 3D printers, VR room and the journal deposit are not in use.
- Outside the opening hours entrance to the library with key card 24/7.
- The central staircase is open Mon–Fri 8–16. At other times access only from the entrance near the elevators or via the red staircase at the Tietotalo end of the building.
- You can book the group study rooms as usual.