TAMK unit is located at TAMK Main campus on Kuntokatu in Kauppi. The library has materials from all fields included in TAMK's degree programs, especially materials in the fields of technology, social and health care, business administration and music.
Street and mailing address
Tampereen yliopiston kirjasto
library [at] tuni.fi
Customer service +358 40 801 6294
You can return your loans to a return box outside the library hours. The other box is located next to the library's entrance in the building. The other is outside at the main entrance on the Teiskontie side.
You can now get to know our facilities in more detail through new video demonstrations online. The videos are on Youtube and they are 360 videos where you can view the spaces more widely by moving the mouse during the video.
TAMK unit: https://youtu.be/fN1ntWrs7Ac
Opening hours of Library units
Studying at the library
There are studying places on both floors of the library. Please be considerate of others studying. The library is not a silent area, but it is recommended that you keep your conversations short and your voices lowered or use the co-study areas mentioned below.
Bookable group study rooms
The group work spaces in the library are available for students to study and research.
TAMK students can book rooms through PAKKI, TAMK staff can make reservations from the booking system itself.
When booking a group room, remember the following instructions:
- If you can't come, cancel your reservation.
- One group can use the room for up to three hours a day.
G2-06, 2nd floor; For a group of 2-8 people. Display.
G2-07, 2nd floor; For a group of 2 to 12 people. Display.
G2-20, 2nd floor; For a group of 2-8 people. Display.
G2-21, 2nd floor; For a group of 2-8 people. Display.
Open group study and multipurpose spaces
In the open group study and multipurpose spaces you can work alone or with a group. These spaces are available when the Library is open.
- Lintuaukio, 1st floor
- Aula, 2nd floor
Silent space (G2-11) is located on the 2nd floor of TAMK Main campus library. It is available when the Library is open, with key card according to the building's access hours.
In Silent space you'll take care of peaceful studying environment when you
- Use your mobile phone only outside the room. Switch your phone to silent mode when you enter.
- Listen with headphones on low volume.
- If you have to discuss with other people, please go outside the room.
There is self-service at the unit normally Mon–Fri 8–10. With key card self-service hours also Mon–Fri till 22 and 10–15 on Saturdays.
Borrow and return
- You can borrow books with the lending machines. The machines are located by the library's main entrance.
- Requested books can be collected with self-service. Remember to check out the books you have requested.
- Return your loans with the returning machine. The machine is located next to the service desk.
- If the machine is out of order, you can leave the books to the return box in the building by the library's main entrance or outside at the Teiskontie side main entrance.
- You can pay your possible fees online in Andor.
- All the library spaces are in use during the self-service hours.
- On the evenings and Saturdays access only with key card.
- You can book the group study rooms as usual.
- The 2nd floor is open according to the opening hours of the building.