Updating the personal study plan as the curriculum period changes
The main rule is that as new curricula enter into force, students are not expected to do a new version of their PSP in accordance with the new curriculum.
The University’s curriculum periods have been 2020–2021 and 2021–2024, after which the periods will mainly be three-year ones.
Note the following things as you update your personal study plan when the curriculum period changes.
Please note! If your current personal study plan includes a great deal of choices, completed courses and custom units, you should not create a new version based on the new curriculum unless it is necessary.
Please note! If you want to see how a version of your personal study plan based on the new curriculum would look like from the perspective of your degree programme or a specific study module, you must ALWAYS create a copy of the new version to make sure that the study choices you have already made are saved in the earlier version of your study plan.
If you switch to the new curriculum version of your degree programme or a specific study module, the study choices included in the previous version of your personal study plan will be deleted and cannot be restored.
In the following text, we go over the programme-specific instructions and show you how to manage four different user scenarios. Read the instructions that apply to your degree programme first.
- I will continue to follow my personal study plan that is based on the curriculum for the academic year 2020/21; switching to the new curriculum version of a specific course.
- Switching to the new curriculum version of a specific study module.
- How will switching to the new programme-level curriculum affect your personal study plan? List of degree programmes where switching to the new programme-level curriculum is recommended.
- I have not yet created a personal study plan in Sisu.
- In case of problems, see the FAQ.
I need help with planning my studies within the framework of my degree programme: Guidance and counselling services in faculties: contact information