Printing and copying
Multifunction devices are available to students, staff and resource agreement holders across our campuses for printing, copying and scanning colour and black-and-white documents.
To use the devices, you need to log in with either your print card or your TUNI username and password. You can release your print jobs at any multifunction device on the campuses of Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences. Students pay for printing and copying but scanning is free of charge.
Multiple campuses – seamless service
- you can use the multifunction devices available across all our campuses with your TUNI username and password
- similar multifunction devices are available on all campuses
- the same set of services is offered on all campuses
- the same technological solution and printing policy apply across our campuses
As a print card you can use
- your student card
- Tampere University’s staff ID card
- TAMK’s staff ID card
- certain other chip cards (such as your travel card issued by TKL, the local bus company)
- On a computer - Select the printer that has “SecurePrint” in the name.
- On a multifunction device (MFD) - For the first time: Register a printing card (eg student card) with the printer and log in with your TUNI username and password. Going forward: Identify yourself with a printing card.
- From the multifunction device screen, select "SecurePrint".
- Select the jobs you want to print and press "Print".
- When printing is complete, press "Logout".
- Download the file to print at webprint.tampere3.fi.
- Log in with your TUNI username.
- Browse for the file you want to print and press Next.
- When the file is printed, you will be notified and the Status on Printed job will be displayed. (This means the job has been printed to a SecurePrint queue to wait for release.)
- Pick up the job from the MFP you want.
Read more about mobile printing.
The pdf file contains the following instructions of driver installation and print queue installation.
- Double click the file Ricoh_PS_Printers_Vol4…dmg.
- Double click the file Ricoh_PS_Printers_Vol4…pkg.
- Click through the installation program
Print queue installation
- Open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners > Add Printer or Scanner
- Unlock if necessary and add the printer by clicking +
Set Advanced printer settings:
- Hold CTRL down and click the Default icon
- Select Customize Toolbar and drag the Advanced icon into the grey bar
Click Advanced and add the following data:
- Type: Windows printer via spools
- Device: no changes
- URL: smb://print-uta.adt3.tampere3.fi/SecurePrint
- Name: SecurePrint
- Location: leave empty
- Use: Select Software… RICOH MP C3504 PS (NB: If the driver has not been installed, select Generic PostScript Printer)
- N.B! If the username is required when printing, enter it as: username and password
0294 520 500
it-helpdesk [at] tuni.fi