Forgot to enrol?
All university students are required to enrol either as attending or absent for each academic year in order to retain their right to study. The deadline for enrolling for the academic year 2023 - 2024 for both autumn and spring semesters is 31 August 2023. Students who fail to enrol by the enrolment deadline lose their right to pursue studies at Tampere University. You can, however, apply for your study right to be reinstated (Universities Act 2009/558, §43).
- Fill in the form Application for restoration of right to study. You can also pick it up from the Student Affairs Office.
- Deliver the form to the Student Affairs Office.
- If you also need an extension to your right to study, fill in the relevant form and its enclosures. Please read more information about the time limit for the degree completion.
- You will be notified of the decision by post or to the e-mail address you have given.
- Enrol according to the instructions. Pay the student union membership fee (optional for doctoral students) and the re-enrolment fee (35 €).
- If your user account (tuni) has been inactivated, you can reactivate it by setting a new password at password.tuni.fi the day after your enrolment has been registered. For instructions concerning your basic user account, see IT-helpdesk's page.