Tampere University Library
Library service addresses
You can reach us from the service phone tel. 0294 520 900, our chat service and the library's general service e-mail: kirjasto [at] tuni.fi - we will direct your questions to our experts.
- Acquisitions: hankinta.kirjasto [at] tuni.fi
- Dissertations: dissertations [at] tuni.fi
- Information searching studies: opetus.kirjasto [at] tuni.fi
- Interlibrary service: kaukopalvelu [at] tuni.fi
- ISBN- ja ISSN-numbers: isbn [at] tuni.fi
- Metrics: lib.metrics [at] tuni.fi
- Publishing: oa [at] tuni.fi
- Research data: researchdata [at] tuni.fi
- Research information system: cris.tau [at] tuni.fi
- Tampere University Press: tup [at] tuni.fi
- Thesis: thesis [at] tuni.fi
Library service forms
Tampere University Library’s service rules from 27.4.2021
Right of use
Tampere University Library is a research library, which services and collections are available for all. Primarily, the Library serves the students, researchers and teachers of Tampere Universities. Services may be more limited to customers outside the University community.
A registered customer of the Library is bound by the regulations and other guidelines relating to the services. The library card is personal and the customer is responsible for its use and for the material borrowed with it. The basic services of the library are free of charge, but there are fee-based services, too.
A customer may be denied the right to use the Library if they fail to follow the library rules and loan periods, or if their fine amount exceeds the price list limit. Non-return of material and unpaid payments will result in a ban on lending and, if necessary, the use of an external collection agency.
Customer data, registering, customer register
The customer must prove their identity and provide their contact information when registering as a customer. The library has the right to store the customer's personal identity number in the customer register. The consent of a guardian is required for the registration of a customer under the age of 15.
Changes in customer information (including name, address and other contact information) must be reported to the library immediately.
The library's customer register is used only for the library's internal use. The information in the register will not be disclosed to third parties.
EU Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) Art. 13, 14 can be found on the library's website. General privacy notice of the Tampere higher education community.
The customer is responsible for complying with the loan terms. The customer can check the due dates from the library's Andor search service.
The library may send the customer a notice of overdue loans, but the notices do not remove the customer's obligation to renew loans in a timely manner. The customer must replace the material not returned (for example, lost or damaged material) in accordance with the library's price list and the value of the material.
When using electronic resources, the patron has to comply with the conditions specified in the license agreement and copyright laws. The customer is responsible for ensuring that the use complies with the license agreements and copyright law.
If the customer does not follow the instructions regarding the use of the e-materials, one may have to compensate for the damage one has caused and/or one may lose the right to use the library and the e-materials.
Outside the library's service hours, the facilities and services can be used independently. During self-service time, access to the premises may require the use of an access / key card. During self-employment, the university's rules of procedure (link) and library rules are normally in force.
There is no personal service available during self-employment and you cannot:
- pay fees at the service point
- pick up a library card
- acquire products for sale in the library, eg copy and print cards
- retrieve material that requires personal service, eg remote service material, archive or reading room loans, etc.
Facilities and equipment
According to the rules of the University, the buildings are a public space during the opening hours of the campuses. You can move and stay freely in the library units during their opening hours. Outside opening hours, all premises of the University are accessed with an access card and no unknown persons should be admitted to the premises. In order to obtain access rights, a person must be a student or staff of the University or a member treated as such.
The library's reading, working and storage facilities and equipment can be used during the opening hours of the facilities and in accordance with the access rights of the university community during the units' own opening hours. The customer must take into account other users and avoid unnecessary noise and interference. The customer is obliged to follow the rules and instructions on the premises to ensure working peace.
- The library's client computers are intended for research and study use. Users should follow the university community security guidelines.
- The library has the right to instruct the customer to leave the premises if he / she disturbs the work of others and / or acts contrary to the above-mentioned space instructions.
- The library is not responsible for the property left in the library by the customer.
- The library reserves the right to change its rules of use if necessary.
Approved by the Director of the Library on 27.4.2021.
Follow the Library news
- on our front page, news column
- on Intranet if you are a member of Tampere Universities community. Log in with your Tuni user account.
- in library units on info screens, poster stands and notice boards.
- on social media channels, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
For website and communications questions, please contact library [at] tuni.fi.
Follow and discuss on social media
- Twitter @TampereUniLib
- Facebook - Tampereen yliopiston kirjasto / Tampere University Library @TampereUniLib
- Instagram @tampereunilib #tampereunilib
- On Twitter our TAUCRIS_bot account brings forth the University's new dissertations.
Ask and give us feedback
- by email library [at] tuni.fi
- via feedback form
- our service phone tel. 0294 520 900