Username and password
The Tampere Universities community’s TUNI domain user account (short TUNI username) will be created automatically according to person’s right to study or written agreement made in HR services. The user rights take effect three days before the start of your agreement.
Log in to the electronic services of the higher education community with your TUNI e-mail and password. Find more info at logging in to the electronic services -page.
For non-employees and visitors, i.e. people who are not staff or students, a username is assigned on the basis of a resource agreement (TAU/TAMK).
Start using your user account by activating it as follows.
- Go to website id.tuni.fi (also password.tuni.fi) with your browser.
- Choose User account activation and password management - Go
- Click Start Activation button to activate your new account.
- Click Authenticate button and authenticate yourself for the activation service with Finnish banking access codes, mobile signature or ID card.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and accept them by clicking I accept the terms and conditions
Set a password for your TUNI user account.
- The password must be at least 10 characters long.
- The password must include big and small letters and numbers or special characters.
Click Change password button, after you have given your password to both of the fields and they turn green.
- In the Ready! page you will see your new tuni user account and @tuni.fi email address. Welcome to use them in the Tampere higher education community’s joint electronic services!
- Set up tuni multifactor authentication (MFA) in three phases:
If you receive an error message that you are not entitled to the Tampere Universities community TUNI user account, please try again the next day. The ID will be created the day after your data has been entered in the information system. If you still receive the same error message after the new attempt, please contact Student Services if you are a student and Human Resources (palveluorganisaatio-hr [at] tuni.fi) if you are an employee or a visitor.
When using other than your personal device, be sure to answer "No" to the question in the Stay signed in -window, so that no one else can log in with your user account to your information and the TUNI electronic services you have used.
Choose User account activation and password management - Go
Log in to the password setting service on the right hand side of the window. Use your current tuni user account and password or authenticate with Finnish banking access codes, mobile signature or ID card.
Please change your password:
- often enough in order to ensure your own computer safety, e.g. every six months
- every time you suspect an outsider may have had access to your user account and password
- The password change interval is 210 days.
- A password expiration email will be sent to your TUNI address 60, 45, 30, 14, 7, and 2 days prior to the expiration of the password.
- If your password expires, you can re-gain your TUNI user account in to use by setting a new password for it at id.tuni.fi.
NB! The IT Helpdesk may change the password for you if you are unable to do it yourself.
0294 520 500
it-helpdesk [at] tuni.fi