The courses organized in year 2020-2021:
TERY6 - Tilastollisen tutkimuksen perusteet
TERA1 - Terveystieteiden tilastolliset tutkimusmenetelmät
BTK0021 - Tilastotieteen perusteet
LÄÄKA111 - Lääketieteellinen tieto ja tutkimus
And the graduate courses are given every other year in Finnish and every other year in English.
In the academic year 2020-2021 we have a Finnish language year.
DPHSR404 - Tutkijan työpaja
BIOMJ016- Biostatistiikka ja tilastollinen tietojenkäsittely
DPHSM306 - Logistinen regressio
DPHSM308 - Kategorisen datan analyysi
DPHSM307 - Monimuuttujamenetelmät
The group of biostatistics is providing statistical consultation for students and personnel of Kauppi campus of Tampere University. If you are working on your thesis (MSc, Doctoral) or on other research project and you need help on statistical analysis, please contact us.
How to prepare before the meeting with the biostatistician:
- Contact the biostatistician by e-mail early enough, so that we can find a suitable time.
- Explain briefly already in the first contact message what kind of help you need.
- Before the meeting send a short research plan, which describes the research question and the data you have.
- When possible, take your data with you as an Excel or SPSS table. If you are using other statistical software for your analysis, please tell about that also.
- Discuss with your supervisor before the meeting. Also, your supervisor is very welcome to the meeting.
- Note that often the problems need more than one meeting.
- In most cases, biostatistician gives advice and instructions how you can make the analysis. He/she will not analyse your data for you.
- If the results of the data analysis will be published as an article, usually the biostatistician will become a co-author of the article. See the Vancouver instructions of the authorship. As a co-author biostatistician needs to have possibility to comment the paper before submission, and he/she will help you in answering to reviewers to the questions about the statistical analysis in your study.
Please contact biostatistician based on your degree and major. The biostatistics group is led by Professor Jaakko Nevalainen (jaakko.nevalainen [at] tuni.fi).
|Oppiala ja tutkinto||Yhteyshenkilö|
|Health science (MSc)||Anna-Maija Koivisto (anna-maija.koivisto [at] tuni.fi)|
|Biomedicine (MSc)||Reija Autio (reija.autio [at] tuni.fi)|
|Medicine||Reija Autio (reija.autio [at] tuni.fi)
Anna-Maija Koivisto (anna-maija.koivisto [at] tuni.fi)
|Doctoral students (Health science, biomedicine, medicine)||Heini Huhtala (heini.huhtala [at] tuni.fi)
Raili Salmelin (raili.salmelin [at] tuni.fi)
|PSHP- + ERVA-researchers||Tiina Luukkaala (tiina.luukkaala [at] tuni.fi)
Mika Helminen (mika.helminen [at] tuni.fi)
Heini Huhtala (heini.huhtala [at] tuni.fi)