The honorary keynote is held by the renowned pioneer of tax systems research, author, professor Joel Slemrod from the University of Michigan.
Chair: Jarkko Harju, Tampere University
14:00 – 16:00
- Kaisa Kotakorpi, Tampere University: Introduction to FIT
- Mari Walls, President of Tampere University: Opening remarks
- Musical interlude: Human cell signals
- Tuomas Kosonen, VATT: Introduction of the keynote speaker
- Keynote by Joel Slemrod, University of Michigan: What We Know about Tax Systems, How We Know It, and What We Still Need to Know
16:30–18:30 Cocktails at Paidia, Nokia Arena, (address: Kansikatu 3, Tampere)
Participants are also welcome to meet and discuss with speakers and researchers in the cocktail event after the seminar.
The Centre of Excellence in Tax Systems Research carries out research that supports the development of the tax and transfer system. The research sheds light on the effects of taxation on individuals, businesses, and society as well as the mechanisms underlying the financial decision-making of individuals and companies. The centre consisting of the University of Tampere, VATT Institute for Economic Research and the University of Helsinki has been selected for the Academy of Finland's Centre of Excellence programme 2022 ‒ 2029. Professor Kaisa Kotakorpi from the University of Tampere is the director of the consortium.
Marjukka Hourunranta, Project Manager, Finnish Centre of Excellence in Tax Systems Research, Tampere University firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. 050 470 5645