Personal storage space
Storing personal files and content
OneDrive for Business
All browser based applications of Microsoft 365 are available at https://portal.office.com.
OneDrive for Business is part of Microsoft 365 service. Log in to the service at portal.office.com by using your TUNI email address.
OneDrive for Business is an online storage space allowing you to save, edit and share your files in a browser using OneDrive applications and a mobile app, as well as the Office applications. Your files are always available, regardless of time and place. You have one Terabyte of storage space, and the service is available for the duration of your studies or employment.
Use primarily OneDrive to store personal files.
Data classification and handling
Suitable for processing so called regular data (personal data category 3Y + 2A is also possible when the data is separately encrypted. )
Recommended as the place to save personal work documents/files.The service it produces and the data it contains are located in EEA. Access to data is ensured with multifactor authentication and monitored with a user log.
Sharing: best suited for the temporary sharing of individual documents.
For continuous group working, acquiring a TUNI Groups platform is recommended.
Included in the TUNI user right.
Using the OneDrive software
You can use the service using OneDrive application installed on your computer. The application downloads online files and synchronises them with your computer. Any changes made to the files synchronised with the computer are saved in the online storage as well. The changes made in the OneDrive browser are synchronised with the files in the computer’s OneDrive folder. We have already installed the OneDrive software on all the staff computers. You can see the application in the Start menu of the computer as well as the icon on your desktop.
Editing files using Office software
If you want to save a file in your own OneDrive for Business online storage for editing, select OneDrive - TUNI.fi in the Save As menu in the Office application.
Using a mobile device
You can download the application on your mobile device allowing you to access files on OneDrive. You can use Office applications to edit Office files saved to OneDrive.
- Please note that OneDrive for Business is not the same service as the OneDrive targeted at consumers.
- Deleting a file from the computer’s OneDrive folder also deletes it from the cloud service.
- You can restore deleted files for 90 days. After that, you can no longer restore the files.
- You must transfer your files and folders to the location of your choice before the right to access expires.
- If you're sharing files with an external user, be sure to tell them how to enable multifactor authentication.
More information about OneDrive for Business storage service
- What is OneDrive for Business?
- Upload files and folders to OneDrive for Business
- Manage files and folders in OneDrive for Business
- Collaborate in OneDrive for Business
- Invalid file names and file types in OneDrive for Business
- Restore deleted files or folders in OneDrive for Business
- Sync files with the OneDrive for Business online storage in Windows
Personal home directory on a network drive
Use primarily OneDrive to store personal files instead of the P drive.
Cloud services have reduced the need for a P drive, but it may still be necessary for the following reasons:
- saving sensitive work files that can't be saved in online storage space (see OneDrive compatibility above on this page)
- in computer labs, retrieve work files if using OneDrive with an Internet browser is unsuitable
- some research projects may have special software or needs that necessitate P drive. Even then, it is worth evaluating whether the folder on the S drive used by the group would be better than the personal P drive. In this case, the research data will also be available to the entire group when the staff changes.
Available disk space
All new new students and staff members get a personal home directory (P drive). The default quota for the home directory is 50 GB for staff and 10 GB for students.
The files stored in the home directories of existing users have also been imported to the new TUNI environment. The default quota for existing users has not been changed.
All data saved on the network drives is backed up daily.
You can recover a lost file from the network drive if you deleted the file less than three weeks ago. See FAQ - Storage services.
Recovering lost files on a Windows computer
Right-click the folder that contained the file you want to recover.
Select Properties from the menu that opens on screen.
Go to the Previous Versions tab. The list displays the backup copies created of the directory – the latest backup is displayed on top.
Click Open to access the selected backup copy.
Copy the selected file, for example, to your home directory.
Alternatively, you can copy the whole folder to your preferred location by clicking the Copy button.
N.B! When you use the Restore button, the restored version overwrites the current version, and the operation cannot be undone.
If your home directory is not available as P: drive, open TUNI Tools folder on your desktop, double-click the shortcut MapDrive-TUNI-Home (drive P), and if prompted for a password, input your TUNI account password (only on staff´s computers).
0294 520 500
it-helpdesk [at] tuni.fi