School of Art, Music and Media
The School of Art, Music and Media provides education for careers in fine art, music, media, and business information systems. The school offers degree programmes at both bachelor's and master's level. The school cooperates actively with working life and offers extensive RDI and consulting services.
The extent of the bachelor's degrees is 210 or 240 credits and the extent of the master's degrees 60 or 90 credits. The school has approximately 1,200 students at three campuses in Tampere: the main campus, Music Academy, and Mediapolis.
- Master of Culture and Arts
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Culture and Arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration
Director, School of Art, Music and Media
tel. +358 (0)50 356 2842
School of Business and Services
Students on the Degree Programme in Business Administration can choose to focus on Marketing and Sales, Financial Administration, Project Management, Entrepreneurship, Tourism, or Legal Expertise. Learning by doing, participation in projects, and teamwork develop the student's working life skills.
In the Degree Programme in Hospitality Management, students learn to deliver services in a hospitable, customer-oriented and cost-effective manner, whether in the field of international cuisine, catering or cleaning services. They also learn to identify development needs in their own field.
Proakatemia is a unit specialising in entrepreneurship education. Students develop their entrepreneurship and business competence by creating so-called team enterprises, then developing and expanding the business operations of these enterprises. Learning is interwoven with work on projects for real customers, and with product development.
The Degree Programme in International Business prepares students to work in a multicultural environment. Students select a study path from the following focus areas: marketing, supply chain management, financial management, project management, or tourism. IB Graduates have basic practical competence in business administration, together with professional skills in their chosen focus area.
Our educational provision
- Degree Programme in Business Administration
- Degree Programme in Service Business
- Degree Programme in Entrepreneurship and Team Leadership
- Degree Programme in International Business (in English)
- Master's Degree Programme in Service and Project Business
- Master's Degree Programme in Entrepreneurship
- Master's Degree Programme in Hospitality Management
- Master's Degree in International Project Management (in English)
Cooperation with working life
Cooperation with working life takes different forms on different degree programmes.
At Proakatemia, we use practice-based learning methods to develop new generation leadership, and test team-learning tools. Using these experiences, we offer our partners consulting services related to team organisation and management, and participatory training.
The Degree Programme in International Business is constantly on the look-out for new cooperation projects, thesis topics, and practical training places, especially in SMEs which are in the process of internationalising. The students in the International Business degree programme represent dozens of nationalities and language areas.
Through our Catering Studio concept, we offer multifunctional and well-equipped kitchen, restaurant and auditorium facilities and services to companies. In addition, teams of staff and students carry out service and product development projects for tourism and catering-sector enterprises, based on customers' needs.
Director, School of Business and Services
tel. +358 (0)50 064 4267
School of Construction and Environmental Engineering
The competence fields of the School of Construction and Environmental Engineering are
- construction as a whole
- building services engineering
- bioproduct and process engineering
- laboratory engineering
- energy and environmental engineering
The common factors connecting all of the school's degree programmes are digitalization of design, production, products and services, as well as continuous development of intelligent systems. Information modelling and simulations are becoming more and more common day by day. Measurement, monitoring, energy, quality and environmental issues, as well as understanding of business and quality management are an important part of the studies in all of the school's degree programmes.
The Degree Programme in Construction and Civil Engineering and the Degree Programme in Construction Site Management educate extensive professionals for all the key fields of construction. Our special focus areas are housing construction engineering, infrastructure construction, building production, building management engineering, and renovation. We use modern IT software for modelling and calculation on our courses. We have modern laboratories, which support illustrative teaching and applied research.
In the Degree Programme in Construction Architecture, we emphasize modern IT modelling competence. A central feature of the programme is that students participate in construction projects where input from different studies contribute to the planning of the project as a whole. Cooperation with the Degree Programmes in Construction Engineering and Building Services Engineering takes place through practical learning projects. We use information modelling for design. The degree programme includes an international dimension which is a natural part of the study process.
The school has extensive overall competence in building services engineering as well as special competence in indoor air conditions, energy efficiency, electrical safety, facility automation and control systems, and bus technology. In future our focus will be on building services engineering of nearly zero-energy buildings (nZEBs).
The Degree Programme in Bioproduct and Process Engineering focuses on versatile viewpoints on biocompetence. Energy, quality and environmental issues as well as understanding of business and quality management are also an important part of the studies. Students gain practical working life abilities in BioHub and Kykylaakso and in working life projects. Some of the studies are implemented in English and students can also select fully English study modules.
The Degree Programme in Laboratory Engineering focuses on chemical analytics, demanding equipment analytics, and biotechnology. The degree programme offers an extensive general competence on quality control, research, and product development.
The English Degree Programme in Energy and Environmental Engineering educates professionals of energy and environmental engineering for the international labour market. The focus of the degree programme is on natural and industrial ecosystems, water and sewage treatment techniques, environmental protection and monitoring, and energy production together with good competence in chemistry, physics and mathematics. In addition to traditional engineering, students also learn project management, environmental management, evaluation of social impacts, and professional communication skills.
Our educational provision
- Degree Programme in Bioproduct and Process Engineering
- Degree Programme in Laboratory Engineering
- Degree Programme in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Degree Programme in Construction Architecture
- Degree Programme in Construction Site Management
- Degree Programme in Building Services Engineering, HVAC Building Services Engineering
- Degree Programme in Building Services Engineering, Electrical Building Services Engineering
- Degree Programme in Energy and Environmental Engineering (in English)
Director, School of Construction and Environmental Engineering
tle. +358 (0)40 548 0036
School of Health Care and Social Services
The School of Health Care and Social Services has more than 130 experts and thus we have extensive expertise in the field of health care and social services. We are involved in several national and international research and development projects of working life. We also organise further training and extension studies of different lengths to meet the changing needs of the society and working life.
The School of Health Care and Social Services has competence and expertise in the following fields:
- Degree Programme in Biomedical Laboratory Science: mastery of clinical laboratory work (preanalytics, analytics, and postanalytics)
- Degree Programme in Emergency Care: emergency care, examination and treatment of acutely ill or injured patients of different ages outside hospital – if necessary with intensive care methods, acute nursing, first aid, simulation education, activating learning methods, establishment of international cooperation
- Degree Programme in Physiotherapy: physiotherapeutic examination and counselling, physiotherapy training, medical rehabilitation, promotion of movement and functional ability, occupational ergonomics, development of occupational wellbeing, sleep ergonomics, problem-based pedagogy
- Degree Programme in Nursing and Health Care, Midwifery: sexual and reproduction health, pregnancy, delivery, puerperium, support of wellbeing of families with newborn babies, breastfeeding counselling, research and development of midwifery, project competence, pedagogical research and development, research and development of occupational wellbeing
- Degree Programme in Radiography and Radiotherapy: diagnostic radiography (x-ray, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, MRI), related procedures, radiotherapy, patient care and guidance, and safe medical use of ionising radiation
- Degree Programme in Nursing and Health Care, Nursing: different fields of clinical nursing, evidence-based nursing, management and development of nursing, documentation of nursing, simulation pedagogy
- Degree Programme in Social Services: client approaches and service system competence in early education, child welfare, work with the disabled, multiculturalism, mental health and substance abuse work, youth and adult social work, and gerontological social work, management of occupational wellbeing and health care and social service administration, development of working life, creative and functional work methods
- Degree Programme in Nursing and Health Care, Public Health Nursing: health promotion of clients of different ages, families and communities, maternity and child health clinic work, school health care, occupational health care, life style counselling, prevention of infectious diseases, vaccination, student and occupational wellbeing, research and development
- Master's Degree Programme in Wellbeing Technology: both technological and social and health care competences for e.g. innovation and development of wellbeing technology products and services
- Master's Degree Programme in Social Services: competences in service counselling, management of work community, and research and development
- Master's Degree Programme in Clinical Nursing Expertise: acute nursing in different operational environments, development of acute nursing and emergency care, extensive competence in mental health and substance abuse work, development of health care and social service chains, development of clinical laboratory work, development of diagnostic radiography and related procedures, evidence-based work
- Master's Degree Programme in Management of Health Care and Social Services: project, change, safety, wellbeing, process and quality competence, strategic management and communication, staff and competence management, evidence-based work, customer relations and financial management, research and development
- Master's Degree Programme in Health Promotion: health promotion of elderly people, palliative nursing, development of health care and social services, management of elderly care, health and wellbeing promotion in occupational health care, pedagogy and administration, project, research and development competence
Our educational provision
- Degree Programme in Biomedical Laboratory Science
- Degree Programme in Emergency Care
- Degree Programme in Physiotherapy
- Degree Programme in Nursing and Health Care, Midwifery
- Degree Programme in Radiography and Radiotherapy
- Degree Programme in Nursing and Health Care, Nursing
- Degree Programme in Social Services
- Degree Programme in Nursing and Health Care, Public Health Nursing
- Degree Programme in Nursing (in English)
- Master's Degree Programme in Wellbeing Technology
- Master's Degree Programme in Clinical Nursing Expertise
- Master's Degree Programme in Management of Health Care and Social Services
- Master's Degree Programme in Social Services
- Master's Degree Programme in Health Promotion
Working life cooperation
We build multiprofessional cooperation through education, projects and partnerships, and thus contribute to developing the overall level of competence in the Tampere region. Our students research and develop working life practices in their theses under the supervision of the experts of our teaching staff. Please contact us to discuss collaboration possibilities.
Director, School of Health Care and Social Services
tel. +358 (0)50 560 3153
School of Industrial Engineering
Technology and forestry form a backbone of Finnish economy and our school educates professionals for their needs. The school offers degree programmes in mechanical and vehicle engineering, electrical and automation engineering, ICT engineering, and forestry.
The common factors connecting all of the school's degree programmes are intelligent machines and systems. They combine demanding mechanics, energy and automation solutions, and information technology. Modern digitalisation (internet of things) and digitalisation of services are an important part of the degree programmes.
The forestry programme focuses on wood sourcing and forest machines. Our forestry students have been using a forest machine simulator for years for practising wood sourcing skills. Expertise in geographic information systems is another of our strengths.
Industrial engineering students can specialise in product development, mechanical automation, production engineering, intelligent machines, workshop engineering, power tool engineering, electric power engineering, automation engineering, software engineering, embedded systems, communications engineering, and forestry. We also have expertise in production economics, project management, and technological competence management. Specialisation in aircraft technology is offered in cooperation with Tampere University.
Our school is responsible for teaching physics on all the engineering degree programmes at TAMK. Our strengths in this area are online pedagogy, laboratory work for students, and demonstrations. Many of our teachers have a doctoral degree.
Our educational provision
- Degree Programme in Vehicle Engineering
- Degree Programme in Mechanical Engineering
- Degree Programme in Forestry
- Degree Programme in ICT Engineering
- Degree Programme in Electrical and Automation Engineering
- Master's Degree Programme in Automation Engineering
- Master's Degree Programme in Strategic Leadership of Technology-Based Business
- Master's Degree Programme in Information Technology
Working life cooperation
The university of applied sciences offers a strong pathway to working life. The studies include compulsory practical training and theses are mainly done for companies. We also do working life projects. Our students and staff are happy to participate in development projects.
Our laboratories and services are available to companies, for the purpose of designing and producing prototypes at different stages of the product development process. We have a range of equipment for the purpose and we also organise training in technology.
We collaborate with other educational institutions in the Tampere region.
We are happy to arrange extension studies for customers' needs, in Finnish or English.
Director, School of Industrial Engineering
+358 (0)50 098 1118
School of Professional Teacher Education
TAMK's School of Professional Teacher Education operates at the national level, developing vocational education. Our focus areas are professional teacher education, professional special-needs teacher education, professional guidance counsellor education, leading and participating in projects, and conducting research. Our themes of interest include development of learning environments and curricula, inclusive vocational education, mentoring and coaching, as well as the use of digital environments for teaching and guidance.
Our focus areas
- Vocational education, higher education, and related development
- Vocational special-needs education and inclusive vocational education
- Mentoring and coaching
- Learning environments
- Networking competence
Our educational provision
- Professional teacher education in Finnish and English
- Professional special-needs teacher education
- Professional guidance counsellor education
- Extension studies for vocational education professionals and future teachers
- Pedagogical extension studies for organisations
Director, Professional Teacher Education
+358 (0)40 026 3675
Head of Professional Teacher Education
+358 (0)40 665 1934
Head of Research and Development
+358 (0)40 663 5485