University's joint course units
TAU’s joint course units in the academic years 2021–2024
As part of the free choice studies of your degree, you can complete the University’s so-called joint course units. Further information on completing these studies is available on the Student's Guide, from your Faculty and from the people mentioned in the descriptions below.
Course units related to tutoring
Tutoring traditionally involves introducing new students to university studies, but you can also work as a student tutoring organiser. As a tutor, you meet new people and can share your knowledge with others.
- International Student Tutoring, 2 ETCS (further information given by eg Igor Tanskanen)
- Student tutoring organiser, 3 ECTS (further information from eg Annika Palomäki)
Course units related to well-being
- Student's Well-being and Life Skills, 1-2 credits
- Student self-leadership Course, 1 credit (available for enrolment in cross-institutional service: course code: NN00FQ153001 Finnish version, NN00FQ153002 English version)
- Coordination of Free-Time Clubs, 1-5 credits (available for enrolment in cross-institutional service).
Course units related to positions of trust
In course units related to positions of trust, you receive credits for participating in the activities of the university, your faculty, the student union, for example, as a student member of the Faculty Council or the curriculum design group. At the same time, you can influence matters that affect you and your fellow students, and network.
- Activities in Hobby Associations, 1–4 ECTS
- Activities in the Pool for Assessment of Teaching Competence, 1 ECTS
- Activities in the Development Groups of a Faculty, 2 ECTS
- Activities in the Student Union 2–8 ECTS
Please note that you can place a maximum of 10 credits of the above studies in total in your Bachelor's and Master's degree, for example 5 credits in your Bachelor's degree and 5 credits in your Master's degree. If you have already received credits for TAU.M.001 Extra-curricular Activities in Administration (1-10 ECTS), these credits will also count towards your total number of ECTS from positions of trust. Please also note that reports or other course-related materials related to the term of office should preferably be returned during the academic year following the end of the term, or, at the latest, within three academic years of the end of the term of office.
Course units related to volunteering or similar activities
Credits are also awarded for serving as a student ambassador.
- Student Ambassador Activities at Tampere University, 2 ECTS (visit the Student ambassadors page for further information)
Course units related to internationalisation
Challenge-based Learning Course (ECIU), 5 ECTS (visit the ECIU University page for further information)