NEDIS - Research on Children's and Adolescents' Health Promotion
The NEDIS group has its research focused on health and health behaviours of school-aged children and adolescents. Our approach is mainly social epidemiological. Most of our research is based on large quantitative data sets, but we analyse qualitative data, too.
Research focus and goals
Our research is focused on:
- health and health behaviours of school-aged children and adolescents
- associations between health and learning
- socio-economic health and welfare differences and how these differences are born
- health and welfare services, particularly school health service, and health and learning support in schools
- tobacco policies, particularly those concerning children and adolescents.
With our national and international collaborators we produce high-quality scientific papers on the above mentioned topics, and participate in scientific discussion. We produce reports and recommendations for support of policy decisions.
Researcher training is part of our activities.