Insurance and Risk Management Research Group focuses on topics relevant to insurance industry as well as risk management themes across industries. Our research themes are often cross-disciplinary and multi-method, spanning the perspectives of individuals, organisations, and society. Key research themes related to insurance business include the transformation of value creation in insurance, and more specifically understanding how new technologies contribute to strategy, business models and the insurance offering. Key research themes related to social insurance focus on pension systems, and more specifically on the roles of public and private sectors. Key research themes related to risk management include traditional decision-making and process perspectives complemented by behavioural and strategic approaches to understanding risk.
- Jukka Rantala, Adjunct Professor, Insurance Science
- Raimo Voutilainen, Adjunct Professor, Insurance Science
- Raija Järvinen, Adjunct Professor, Insurance Science
- Mikko Riikkinen, Doctoral Student
- Mika Tynkkynen, Doctoral Student
- Riikka Uimonen, Doctoral Student