I believe in the enormous potential of solar energy to solve some of the biggest challenges of our times, i.e. climate change and the rapid decrease in energy resources.
I want to contribute to the world research on the next-generation solar cells by exploring novel materials and device architectures for efficient, stable, and nontoxic photovoltaics. I am leading a talented team of researchers (More at https://research.tuni.fi/hsc/) who share my same dream.
Main positions of trust
- Member of Editorial boards for Scientific Reports (Springer) and Materials.
- Active reviewer for several high-impact journals
- 'Expert' evaluator of project proposals for the European Commission (2018-present)
Our research at the Hybrid Solar Cells team (HSC) aims at developing low-cost and eco-friendly materials in bulk and nanocrystals for photovoltaic applications. In particular, we design and synthesize solution-processable organic semiconductors and hybrid organic-inorganic halide perovskites. Finally, we optimize materials and device architectures to enable high-performing and stable solar cells with reduced toxicity.
Perovskite solar cells; hybrid photovoltaics; organic and inorganic semiconductors; photophysics
Photovoltaics; organic electronics; materials chemistry; nanotechnology; spectroscopy; materials science.
- Associate professor (tenure-track) at Tampere University, 2020
- Senior Research Fellow at Tampere University/Tampere University of Technology, 2017-2020
- Visiting researcher University of Cologne (Germany), 2017
- Visiting researcher ISOF-CNR (Italy), 2015
- D.Sc. (Tech) in Chemistry, Tampere University of Technology, 2010
- M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry (spec. Materials Science), Universita' degli Studi di Napoli 'Federico II', Italy, 2005
Please check our publications here: https://research.tuni.fi/hsc/publications-2/