Software, software engineeting and computer science enthusiastic since 1980. Interests both in research and practise.
My own teaching for 2020-2021 includes
- Course COMP.SE.140 Continuous Development and Deployment - DevOps
- Several Master Theses
A also look after
- The study modules of Software Engineering and Web&Cloud
Fields of expertise
My main expertise areas are
- Theory and practice of software engineering.
- Web and cloud software.
Phases of my career
- 1980-1985: Master studies and part-time teaching in Tampere University of technology
- 1985-1995: Various research projects, teaching tasks and PhD studies in Tampere University of technology
- 1995-2011: Several research and management roles in Nokia corporation
- 2012- : Professor of software engineering in Tampere University
Current (2020) projects
- VISDOM is an international Eureka/ITEA3 project that develops new types of visualisations for software development. We concentrate visualisations that are based on data from several tools and our special focus is in DevOps-type projects. For further information, see the project-wide web-page: iteavisdom.org .
- CityIoT vendor independent IoT platform for smart cities: For more information see https://pervasive.cs.tut.fi/?p=2820 and https://www.cityiot.fi/english/
- ProcemPlus whose main objective of ProCemPlus project is to study the formation of individual energy communities into broader business-oriented energy ecosystems through several research themes and concrete pilot-cases related to the development of energy communities, and to analyze the role of microgrids and energy communities in the future energy ecosystem. The role of our team is related to design of the required information system and related software/platform economy. For more information see information about the earlier Procem-project and web-page of this new ProcemPlus project .
My current research topics & interests are
- Data driven software engineering: how the data collected from software and its decision process can be used for more efficient development and better decision making.
- Web as an application platform.
- Software architectures for open IoT systems.
- Advanced software solutions for modern energy systems.
- Programmable world and edge computing.