Zoom meeting, participant instructions
Join a Zoom video meeting with a link
You have received a meeting link in the format https://tuni.zoom.us/j/123456789.
You can join a video meeting on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android devices. You do not need to have a Zoom ID / user profile or log in to Zoom unless your video meeting organizer specifically requires it in their Zoom meeting settings.
If you have installed and used Zoom before, please check that you have Zoom version 5.15.5 or newer. To update, use Zoom app's Check updates function or download newer version for personal devices from https://zoom.us/download
Open the meeting link with a web browser. If the browser asks permission to launch the Zoom application, accept this.
When Zoom is installed, it starts automatically. In other cases, there are alternative ways to join in the browser window.
- Select click here if Zoom is already installed on your device but did not start automatically.
- Click download & run Zoom to download the Zoom application and run it.
- Select join from your browser if Zoom is not allowed to start / run on your computer, you can join the meeting with a web browser only: Chrome (recommended) or Firefox
When the Zoom application starts, the Audio setting dialog box opens. The default option is to join a video meeting using a computer audio connection (Computer Audio). If for some reason this is not possible, you can join the appointment using calling to Zoom phone number (Phone Call). Find your local Zoom number by clicking Find your local number link.
Select Computer Audio, and then click Join with Computer Audio to join the meeting. You can also test your audio connection before joining a meeting in Test speaker and microphone.
Join using the meeting ID
Every Zoom meeting has its own 9 to 11 digit ID (e.g. 123-456-789) which can be used to join.
On a browser
- Go to https://tuni.zoom.us on your browser and choose Join
- Insert the meeting ID to Meeting ID field and choose Join
The joining process now proceeds as in joining using a meeting link (instructions above).
On the Zoom client
If you already have Zoom installed on your device, click the Join button and insert the Meeting ID.
Test your audio devices
You can test your speakers and microphone before joining the meeting with Test speaker and microphone link.
instructions for personal device
- Open Zoom
- Click the profile button and select Check for Updates (open attachment )
Zoom notifies you if there is a new version available to install
instructions for mobile device
- Open the phone's application store
- Check the application list to see if a new version of Zoom is available for install
- Read Apple's iOS app update guide
- Read Google's Android app upgrade guide
instructions for work computer
Zoom, installed on your work computer, is automatically updated during normal working situation on campus while connected to the tuni network. When you are working remotely, you must turn on your computer's Virtual Private Network (VPN), to connect tuni network.
- Close Zoom
- Turn on your computer's VPN (read instructions)
- Open the Software Center program
- Select Zoom from the Software Center home page
- If you see the Uninstall button on the application page, you already have the latest version of Zoom installed, and you can close the Software Center
- If you see an Install button on the application page, a new version of Zoom is available, and you can start the installation by clicking the Install button
0294 520 500
it-helpdesk [at] tuni.fi (it-helpdesk[at]tuni[dot]fi)