Services for immigrants - SIMHE
Application and studying
Finnish language studies
Who is the SIMHE counselling for?
SIMHE counselling is for you if you already live in Finland and have completed an upper secondary education, studied in higher education or completed a higher education degree. SIMHE counselling offers you information on application for higher education and related study possibilities as well as helps you recognise your prior learning. You can discuss your situation and plans with a SIMHE counsellor. Please contact us by email:
simhe [at] tuni.ficlass="animated-url-link"
- help you find a suitable higher education or additional higher education studies for better employment and to support your career objectives.
- help you to find a suitable path to higher education.
- help you identify your existing competence.
- help you identify your possibilities.
- provide information on different higher education options from shorter studies and trainings all the way to degree studies.
What is counselling like?
- SIMHE counseling: You can book a personal meeting. We can discuss your backround, career plans and dreams, and what kind of education, degree or training would be the best option for you in higher education. We will meet online in Zoom. Please contact us simhe [at] tuni.fi.
- SIMHE guidance by email: You can send us questions by email: simhe [at] tuni.fi. We will answer to you.
- Group info sessions: We organise info sessions for groups interested in higher education studies. Please contact us and ask for further information simhe [at] tuni.fi.
Tampere Universities are one of the Finnish higher education institutions responsible for SIMHE services, supported by the Ministry of Education and Culture. (Supporting Immigrants in Higher Education in Finland = SIMHE)