Secure IoT-systems for Smart Industry
Extent60 study credits (ECTS)
Faculty or school
Language of instruction
Mode of study
Dive into the field of ICT with a free diploma training!
Digitalisation has created new needs for the labor market in software, automation, robotics, artificial intelligence and data analytics. In this training, we address the key themes that digitalisation has brought to the ICT sector. The training offers you a broad hands-on perspective to ICT.
The Diploma of Higher Education training is funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture. Studying is free of charge. The training is designed for participants who are unemployed or at a risk of unemployment. It is especially suitable for immigrants who are willing to find employment in Finland.
The training begins in May 2021 with orientation studies. The actual studying starts on September 1st, 2021 and lasts for two years.
The training consists of:
- 30 credits of mandatory studies
- 10 credits of internship
- 10 credits of free choice studies
- 10 credits of studies that we tailor to the participating group
With the 10 credits tailored studies, we include themes that best support the needs of the group. We choose the contents after the group of students has been admitted. The tailored studies might include, for example, courses in Finnish language and culture.
The training is a diploma education. Thus it provides good ICT skills without the need to complete an extensive degree.
The main contents of the training:
- Generating data for an intelligent system, 5 credits
- Network Essentials, 5 credits
- Data Repository Technologies, 5 credits
- Data Analysis and Visualisation, 5 credits
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, 5 credits
- IoT Security, 5 credits
- Free choice studies, 10 credits
- Studies tailored to the group, 10 credits
- Internship in a company, 10 credits
Who is this training suitable for?
The training is targeted for the unemployed or those at risk of unemployment. You are considered to be at risk of unemployment if you are, for example:
- working part-time and / or on a temporary contract
- in work that is coming to an end
- temporarily laid off or working in an organisation where co-determination negotiations are underway
- in soon-to-be-completed training without having any vacancies after the training
- in a changing job position which requires more training
The training is very suitable for immigrants. The education does not require proficiency in the Finnish language or a secondary degree completed in Finland.
Participation in the training does not require previous knowledge or experience in the field of ICT. However, we require applicants to have basic IT skills and fluent English language skills.
Selected students need a fully working network connection and a laptop with admin rights for installations.
We are taking 25 students into the training.
Deepen your know-how with a Diploma of Higher Education
Diploma of Higher Education trainings are narrower than degree studies, but still extensive trainings. They are designed to meet the changing needs of working life.