Skip to main content

Funding studies abroad

Tampere University awards grants for long-term exchange periods to students who are officially nominated for the exchange via our exchange programmes and agreements. No grants are available for courses arranged by commercial organisations (like Asia Exchange) or for other independently acquired study places. However, if you are a bachelor-level or a master-level student, you can apply for a travel grant for a short-term course abroad. Information on the mobility grants is provided below.

Note! In the academic year 2024-2025, the prerequisite for the grant is that at least 5 ECTS credits (academic courses) per month are completed in the host university during the exchange. If there are less credits per month, the grant can be recovered or the second instalment of the grant can be withheld.

Learn more about grants for internships on the Funding internship abroad section.

Please note that if you are a doctoral student and employed by the University during the exchange study period, you are not entitled to the Erasmus+ traineeship grant. Doctoral students who are employed by Tampere University can take part in Erasmus+ staff exchange.

Published: 27.2.2019
Updated: 12.6.2024