Responsible science and research
Tampere Universities community is committed to the national Declaration for Open Science and Research, and we promote openness in all activities of the research community. This includes the responsible openness of our research culture, publishing, data, and education. We conduct research in an ethically sustainable manner and adhere to the principles of research integrity. We communicate about science and its results responsibly.
In researcher evaluation we are committed to the DORA Declaration and the national recommendation on evaluating researchers. Tampere University also has a policy on the general principles for monitoring and evaluating research that accord with the University’s strategic objectives:
Open science and research
We develop the entire personnel’s knowledge of open science and research and promote openness in education. Training on these topics is also offered as part of degree and doctoral education.
- Research data management and open publishing are an integral part of research. We offer researchers, other staff and students training and services related to research data management and publishing research results.
- Tampere University’s Doctoral School organises training on the openness of science and research, good scientific practice, and research ethics.
- Tampere University Library offers a wide range of training and courses on aspects of open science and research, as well as information sessions for doctoral researchers and all staff. Training on open science and research is tailored and implemented in wide cooperation between different units.
- The library produces guides and guidelines on various aspects of open sciences.
Mastering research ethics is one of the basic skills of a researcher, and reflection on research ethics is an essential part of every research project from start to finish. Our academic community is committed to the Finnish code of conduct for research integrity and procedures for handling its alleged violations, authored by Finnish National Board on Research Integrity TENK.
- The Ethical Review Committee of the Tampere Region monitors the ethical reviews of proposed non-medical research in the field of human sciences. Ethical pre-review ensures the adequate protection of research subjects and enhances researchers’ legal protection.
- TAMK's Ethics Committee is responsible for ethical review of proposed non-medical human sciences research related to master's theses and RDI projects coordinated by TAMK.