Children’s mental health develops in interaction with the environment, society, home, early childhood education and school. The research activities of the Child Psychiatry group focus on studying the development of small children’s emotional life and parenthood.
The group conducts international studies related to pediatric medical treatment and the quality of child psychiatric treatment.
Research focus and goals
- Development of therapeutic methods for families with children
- Development of new child psychiatric interventions combining digital technology with existing services
- Emotion regulation and shared pleasure and joy in parent-child interaction
- Development of digitalized services for families with young children
- Use of virtual reality as a part of child psychiatric treatment
- Children’s selfcare methods in early education and school