The library system will be renewed at the Tampere University Library at the turn of the year 2019-2020
The launching of a new library system causes various changes both in the library customer services and in the library's internal processes. Customers' existing client interface and two search platforms will now merge into one new Andor service platform, where you will find your library self-services as a library customer and all of the library's materials, both printed and electronic.
Library system changeover will bring some service changes towards the end of 2019 and early 2020. We will keep you updated on all changes and maintain a change site [https://www.tuni.fi/en/library/use-the-library/new-library-system] (site coming soon) where you can check the latest information.
Be prepared for short-term changes in library services:
- All of the library's units are closed, and print-related customer functions online are disabled during the system change 14.12.2019 - 6.1.2020.
- At the end of the year, the due date for borrowed material will be 13.1.2020.
- There will be a break in the acquisition and cataloging of new material in the library. Remember to make acquisition proposals during the first half of November.
The new library system brings a number of major service improvements:
- Library material moves more flexibly between different units.
- It is possible to reserve material from different locations in the future.
- All customer services can be found in one service and at one time - we will get rid of three separate views.
E-resources will be available normally through the current Andor search interface.
We will provide more details on the changes through the library's website, on the Tuni-intranet, and through the library's social media channels. A summary of changes and updates of coming services will be available on our change site https://www.tuni.fi/en/library/use-the-library/new-library-system (site coming soon)
Further information: Project Manager, Web Services Specialist, Timo Vuorisalmi, timo.vuorisalmi [at] tuni.fi">timo.vuorisalmi [at] tuni.fi
Publicist: Information services analyst, Marjatta Ojala, marjatta.ojala [at] tuni.fi">marjatta.ojala [at] tuni.fi