New library system
The launching of a new library system causes various changes both in the library customer services and in the library's internal processes. Customers' existing client interface and two search platforms will now merge into one new Andor service platform, where you will find your library self-services as a library customer and all of the library's materials, both printed and electronic.
Be prepared for short-term changes in library services
- All of the library's units are closed, and print-related customer functions online are disabled during the system change 14.12.2019 - 6.1.2020.
- Linna Library silent reading room is accessible 24/7 for the members of the Tampere Universities with a key card.
- Arvo Library learning center is accessible 24/7 for the members of the Tampere Universities with a key card.
- TAMK Main Campus Library 2nd floor exam terrarium is accessible through 2nd floor doors with a key card.
- Hervanta library 24/7 access is closed. No access with a key card.
- At the end of the year, the due date for borrowed material will be 13.1.2020.
- There will be a break in the acquisition and cataloging of new material in the library.
- Library acquisition and cataloging have ended for 2019.
- With the library system change customer interfaces will also be merged. In the future, you will have one customer information for each of our locations in different units.
- This can also mean exceeding the loan barrier limit if you now have unpaid customer charges in multiple libraries.
The new library system brings major service improvements
- Library material in loan moves more flexibly between different units.
- It is possible to reserve material in loan from different locations in the future.
- All customer services can be found in one service and at one time - we will get rid of three separate views.
f you have favorites or searches stored in your personal data, save them before the turn of the year. The information you previously saved will not be transferred to the new library system.
The easiest way to get your saved favorites and lists of them is to send them to yourself by email. You can send them to your email by selecting up to 100 at a time.
- all your favorites at once
- favorites list one by one
- favorites individually
Permanent changes in our services
- When old search interfaces go out of service and new Andor becomes available, links to e-materials, journals, books, articles, etc. from old systems will stop working.
- If you have links to TuniLib, Andor, e-journals or e-journals list, then by 2020 these links will no longer work.
- Cash payments at the Linna Library will end on 14th of December 2019.
- After that, the payment option will be paying with a payment card and later in early 2020 with the library system online payment will be available as well.
- In the future, you will have to use the Tampere University email address, which has a @tuni.fi suffix, in your customer information for your library.
- This change does not apply to customers outside the community.
E-resources will be available normally through the old Andor search interface.
If you have any questions, please contact the library: kirjasto [at] tuni.fi
Further information: Project Manager, Web Services Specialist, Timo Vuorisalmi, %20timo.vuorisalmi [at] tuni.fi
Publicist: Information services analyst, Marjatta Ojala, %20marjatta.ojala [at] tuni.fi