I lead the production systems and technologies research group. My research interests are in manufacturing ICT and digitalisation, industrial robotics and human-robot collaboration, Re- and de-manufacturing in the framework of circular economy and life-long learning in technology rich environments.
I am is responsible of production automation and engineering education, and minor in Industrial Robotics at Tampere University. I co-lead the Robotics major. I am is responsible of a transfer education module (from BSc to MSc in digital manufacturing and data analytics) in Seinäjoki, which is targeted for employees of local companies. I and my team run different education related services for companies and society in regular basis.
I together with my team supervise 30-40 MSc theses to industry.
I usually give 30-40 presentations annually for international audience around the Europe.
Fields of expertise
Core competences in the field of production engineering and production development
- Team building and competence enhancement
- Analytical skills
- Project Sales and Management
- Negotiation for win-win
- R&D (Horizon 1-3)
- Additional language: Fluent in Engineering to Common sense
- Public presentation and teaching
Main positions of trust
Member of the Scientific Advisory Board at Flanders Make (Belgium), Scientific advisory board at Linz Mechatronic Center (Austria), and Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment Tekoäly 4.0 steering group
Member of advisory board for stipends in Kulkuneuvoteollisuus Ry
I coordinate, manage, guide and support my research teams focusing on following topics:
- Manufacturing ICT: Digitalisation of production, Smart Factory solutions, Digital Twins, APS/MES, KPI visualisation, UIs, semantic modelling, information management, agent-based/holonic manufacturing systems (in discrete part manufacturing)
- Robotics: Safety, HRI/C, Industrial robotics, virtual commissioning, and system design
- Circular economy : Technical cycles in the CE especially re-manufacturing, sustainable manufacturing in terms Social, Technical, Ecological, Economic and Political aspects
- Continuous Learning: “Learning to learn” - methods, versatile methods and tools for learning in technology-rich environments