I am Professor of Machine Automation in of IHA-Innovative Hydraulics and Automation research group. My R&D interests include:
- Real-world autonomous mobile working machines (mobile manipulators)
- Whole body motion estimation and control of rough terrain mobile manipulators
- Heavy-duty robotics motion and contact force controls
- Advanced high performance and energy-efficient actuators, and their non-linear controls
- Remote Handling/teleoperated safety-critical systems (e.g. in ITER-project)
Fields of expertise
I have proven project-based track-record on multidisciplinary R&D topics dealing with full scale heavy-duty mobile working machines relevant to Finland-based companies and in big science projects: heavy-duty robotics motion/force controls, autonomous mobile working machines, nonlinear control engineering, and systems engineering in safety critical applications (e.g. in ITER-project). I published broadly in those fields during the past years.
Main positions of trust
Technical Editor in ASME/IEEE Transaction on Mechatronics 2015-2020.
I am committed into high impact academic research that targets into technology transfer projects with Finland-based industry and into creating high-tech products and jobs in industry for our students and my research group (MSc and Dr (Tech)) members graduating