I am Professor of Machine Automation in the IHA (Innovative Hydraulics and Automation) research group. My R&D interests include:
- Real-world autonomous mobile working machines
- Whole body motion estimation for rough terrain mobile manipulators
- Heavy-duty robotics motion and contact force controls
- Advanced high performance and energy-efficient actuators, and their nonlinear controls
- Remote Handling/teleoperated safety-critical systems (e.g. in ITER project)
I have a proven track-record with project-based multidisciplinary R&D research dealing with full scale heavy-duty mobile working machines relevant to Finland-based companies, as well as large-scale science projects concerning following areas: heavy-duty robotics motion/force controls, autonomous mobile working machines, nonlinear control engineering, and systems engineering in safety critical applications (e.g. in ITER, CERN and GSI/FAIR-projects). I have published widely on these topics during the past years.
Technical Editor in ASME/IEEE Transaction on Mechatronics 2015-2020
I am committed into high-impact academic research that targets into technology transfer projects with Finland-based industry, into creating high-tech products, and into creating employment in industry for our students and my graduating research group members (MSc and Dr (Tech)).