Skip to main content

Tampere University Student's Handbook

General practical matters related to studies

Tampere University

Student, what occupies your mind? Find right services and help concerning general practical matters related to studies. Also, see more information and services from Studying section.


I need help with general practical matters related to my studies

The Student Affairs Office gives advice in practical matters related to your studies. They can assist with questions regarding, for example, enrolment and study right

Find more information online at: Student Affairs Office (

See also information about scholarships.


I need help with Sisu or technical difficulties

Using Sisu:

Instructions on using Sisu can be found in the Student's Guide.

To complete your own personal study plan and to track its progress, please contact the guidance and counselling staff in your faculty.

For technical assistance regarding Sisu, send e-mail to sisu [at]

If you encounter technical difficulties:

The IT Helpdesk assist you in all IT-related problems. 

Read more on the IT services' website!


I need help in using the library and finding resources

Explore the library's website!

You can reach the specialists at the library by calling their service number at +358 294 520 900, by using their online chat service or by sending e-mail to kirjasto [at]


I need more information about exams

Some of the exams held at the university are organised by the centralised Exam services. The Exam services coordinate general exams which can be taken as traditional paper exams in Hervanta and the city centre campus. Registration for these general exams is done in Sisu. In addition, students can take electronic exams in the EXAM facilities. Note that each teacher determines the examination procedures for their own courses. Always check how the examinations are handled in your studies. Some courses may use alternative examination methods, such as using Moodle.

Browse the exam instructions! There, you can find the instructions on attending the general exams, using the EXAM facilities and obtaining special arrangements for your exams. 


I am concerned about matters related to housing or subsistence


Other practical matters related to studies

Published: 23.2.2022
Updated: 10.11.2022