From Teacher to Coach
Coaching is a pedagogical philosophy led by the idea of dialogue and learning by doing.TAMK’s Proakatemia has developed and run for over 20 years a highly successful entrepreneurship and business team-learning model, by using innovative coaching techniques. We offer 1–4 weeks programme for modern teachers to join the club of Coaches.
Contents of the programme:
Topic 1– From Teacher to a Coach
- Coaching in practice
- How teaching and coaching differ?
- Opportunities of coaching
- How to approach coaching in day to day work
- Theories by Marcial Losada, Kouzes & Posner, Nonaka & Takeuchi
Topic 2 – Tools of a Coach
- Tools and methods that inspire students
- What is the significance of the team in coach’s point of view?
- What team learning means and what are the benefits of team learning?
- What kind of brainstorming techniques to apply in my job as a coach?
- Theories by William IsaacsIan Cunningham Belbin
Topic 3 – New Ways of Learning
- Coaching instead of teaching
- Reading instead of lectures
- Feedback instead of grades
- Active doing instead of passive listening
Topic 4 – My Coaching Philosophy
- Model of a coaching philosophy - what does it mean?
- How to build your own coaching philosophy
- What to take with you to everyday work
- What changed in day to day work
- What did this journey offer?
We always tailor our programmes to the needs of our customers – please contact us to hear more!