FUNS – Future Nursing Solutions Finland
This training aims to enhance and upgrade the professional skills of midwives and nurses. The foundation of the training are the Finnish methods and factors that make it a country with very low maternal and infant mortality.
The training is delivered in English by Finnish nursing science experts and a team of senior lecturers from School of Health Care, TAMK, Finland. The training can take place at your local hospital, at TAMK, or both.
We offer innovative pedagogical methods:
- Active learning
- Flipped classroom
- Activating lectures
- Hands-on training
Guidelines for tailor made training:
Each training is tailor-made to fit the needs of your organisations. The training consists of themed blocks, which are divided into study modules.
- Each module is built of 4 hours of training
- One study week can have 10 modules at the maximum
- 20 participants at the maximum can take part in one module at once
- At a minimum we offer 2 trainers or teachers for every study week
- All trainings include materials in English and a Certificate of Participation from TAMK, Finland
Themes study blocks:
The training is built of four themed blocks. You may choose at the maximum 10 modules for one week.
Block 1 – Finnish methods for safe birth
- Intrapartum care in normal birth
- Non-medicated pain relief during labor
- Management of the pushing stage in labor
Block 2 – Happy babies and families
- Calming a crying baby safely (the Happiest Baby method)
- Normal pregnancy
- Postpartum care
Block 3 – Innovative pedagogics and leadership in nursing care
- Innovative pedagogics
- Leadership in nursing care
- Patient guidance
Block 4 – Nursing care of sick infants
- ABCDEF – assessment of the newborn
- Aseptic practise in NICU
- Pain assessment and non-medical pain relief in NICU
- Couplet care and parental guidance in NICU
- Breastfeeding during NICU care
- Pediatric medical calculations
TAMK is one of the largest and most popular universities of applied sciences in Finland. Our strengths are multidisciplinary education, creativity, and a strong international dimension.
Ask us for a quotation today! Our trainings are planned especially for the needs of your institution, prices vary accordingly.