The project aims to renew management in selected industrial companies. In the short term, this renewal is an opportunity for creating value for the companies existing customers. Hence, the project contributes to increasing export sales from Finland. In the long term, the project aims to enable international growth in the partnering companies.
The project is divided in three areas: quality control system development, cost accounting and profitability management. Each of these areas has its separate schedule. For example, the cost accounting development area consist of:
- Examination of the current costing systems
- Determining machine centers
- Allocation of labor to machine centers
- Identification of products
- Identification of the routing of the products
- Inspection of product structures
- Inspection of the delivery process
- Product-specific calculations
- Customer-specific calculations
The goals of the project are:
- To implement more demanding quality control systems.
- To strengthen customer-supplier relationships particularly to large clients operating in Finland.
- Increase the competitiveness of the partnering companies in terms of quality and cost-efficiency to improve their possibilities of acquiring new customers.
- Improve the financial control and management of the partnering companies, and thereby improve their profitability.
- Strengthen the basis for internationalization in the partnering companies.
Partners of the project
Teemu J. Laine
Associate Professor (tenure track)
teemu.j.laine [at] tut.fi
+358 50 308 7049
Senior research fellow
jari.paranko [at] tut.fi
+358 40 849 0220