Textile Laboratory Services
The textile laboratory offers product development as well as standard testing services for fabrics, yarns and fibers and finished products. We have equipment with versatile capabilities, professional staff, and over thirty years of experience in providing testing services.
We also offer laboratory scale yarn spinning (from 20 grams of fiber) and circular knitting services. We further offer laboratory scale carding and needle punching services.
We offer the following testing services, among others:
- Testing of the strength properties, such as Martindale abrasion resistance and maximum force
- colour-resistance properties of textiles, such as colour fastness to light or laundering
- Testing of textiles' fire-resistence properties
- Testing of other properties, such as pilling, hydrostatic pressure and water vapour permeability
- Quality manuals
- Raw material identification (such as polymers)
- Education and training packages related to textile materials and quality
Testing of textile materials is essential to determine product quality and suitability for their intended purpose. Testing can also provide supporting data in cases of complaints and claims.
We can provide flexible testing services tailored to the requirements of individual customers, using TAMK's fully-equipped laboratory facilities. We offer high-quality education and training packages, tailor-made to the client's needs.
You are welcome to use our textile laboratory services!
050 376 7933 | maria.anko [at] tuni.fi
040 828 9632 | tiina.ylinen [at] tuni.fi