The AI REGIO “Regions and Digital Innovation Hubs alliance for AI-driven digital transformation of European Manufacturing SMEs”, will build a one-stop-shop platform that enables access to resources for AI-based solutions in efficient and sustainable manufacturing, with particular emphasis on resources that can lower the AI adoption barriers for SMEs.
In this project Tampere University is presented by Production Systems and Technologies research group.
The EU-funded AI REGIO project addresses policy,technology and business barriers to support creation and sustainable growth of AI-focused Digital Innovation Hubs (AI DIHs) to support European manufacturing SMEs in their digital transformation. It will build a one-stop-shop platform that enables access to resources for AI-based solutions in efﬁcient and sustainable manufacturing, with particular emphasis on resources that can lower the AI adoption barriers for SMEs.
AI REGIO is a collaborative network of 13 regions and their corresponding Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) and Competence Centres, which actively involves regional authorities and agencies, with a portfolio of several thousand SMEs and representing 15% of EU GDP.
The AI REGIO innovation action aims to consolidate the collaboration in the pan-European network of Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) by enhancing the offering of regional DIHs to manufacturing SMEs on three levels.
1. POLICY IMPACT
Better coordination of regional smart specialisation strategies:
AI REGIO will foster closer cooperation across European regions, EU and non-EU countries to make sure innovations can scale to European and global marketplaces, building up on the Four Motors for Europe movement and the I4MS Community and Innovation Collaboration platform.
2. TECHNOLOGICAL IMPACT
Enhancing knowledge transfer across the network of DIHs:
AI REGIO will build on Digital Manufacturing Platforms from previous EU-funded projects such as BEinCPPS, MIDIH, L4MS and AI4EU and help to integrate these into Digital Innovation Hubs offerings. These Digital Manufacturing Platforms will in turn benefit from present Digital Innovation Hubs services regarding their business and social impact challenges. Present AI-enabled technological assets will further be extended.
3. BUSINESS IMPACT
Upgrade the offering of DIHs by AI-driven applications:
DIHs and SMEs participating in AI REGIO will jointly conduct 30 AI-driven regional application experiments focused on the adoption of AI technologies by SMEs, considering skills development, as well as privacy and sovereignty preservation.
AI REGIO is a project funded by the European Union Framework Programme for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020 under Grant Agreement n° 952003.
1. POLITECNICO DI MILANO (POLIMI), Italy
2. STEINBEIS INNOVATION GGMBH (SEZ), Germany
3. FZI FORSCHUNGSZENTRUM INFORMATIK (FZI), Germany
4. PLASTIPOLIS (PLASTIPOLIS), France
5. COMMISSARIAT A L ENERGIE ATOMIQUE ET
6. ASSOCIAZIONE FABBRICA INTELLIGENTE LOMBARDIA (AFIL), Italy
7. CONSIGLIO NAZIONALE DELLE RICERCHE (CNR), Italy
8. UNDACIO EURECAT (EUT), Spain
9. AGENCIA PER A LA COMPETITIVITAT DE LA EMPRESA (ACCIO), Spain
10. BRAINPORT INDUSTRIES COOPERATIE UA (Brainport_IND), Netherlands
11. BRAINPORT DEVELOPMENT NV (BRAINPORT), Netherlands
12. STICHTING KATHOLIEKE UNIVERSITEIT (SKU), Netherlands
13. TAMPERE UNIVERSITY (TAU), Finland
14. INESC TEC - INSTITUTO DE ENGENHARIADE SISTEMAS E COMPUTADORES,TECNOLOGIA E CIENCIA (INESC TEC), Portugal
15. ART-ER-SOCIETA CONSORTILE PER AZIONI (ART-ER), Italy
16. ASOCIACION DE LA INDUSTRIA NAVARRA (AIN), Spain
17. UNIVERZA V MARIBORU (in short UM), Slovenia
18. COMET SCRL (COMET), Italy
19. FUNDACION TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION (TECNALIA), Spain
20. ENGINEERING - INGEGNERIA INFORMATICA SPA (ENG), Italy
21. FUNDACION CARTIF (CARTIF), Spain
22. TXT E-SOLUTIONS SPA (TXT), Italy
23. CONSULTORES DE AUTOMATIZACION Y ROBOTICA SA (CARSA), Spain
24. PRIVREDNO DRUSTVO ZA PRUZANJE USLUGA ISTRAZIVANJE I RAZVOJ NISSATECH INNOVATION CENTRE DOO (NISSA), Serbia
25. SUITE5 DATA INTELLIGENCE SOLUTIONS LIMITED (Suite5), Cyprus
26. UNPARALLEL INNOVATION LDA (UNPARALLEL), Portugal
27. ARTIFICIOUS (ARTIFICIOUS), Belgium
28. ETA CONSULTING SRL (ETA), Italy
29. CONSORZIO INTELLIMECH ( IMECH), Italy
30. GUALINI LAMIERE INTERNATIONAL SPA (Gualini), Italy
31. HOHNER AUTOMATICOS SL (HOHNER), Spain
32. KAUTENBURGER GMBH (KAUTENBURGER), Germany
33. ARCULUS GMBH (ARCULUS)
34. S2P (S2P), France
35. VISIATIV (Visiativ), France
36. MARIBORSKI VODOVOD J.P. D.D. (VODOVOD MARIBOR), Slovenia