Graduation Ceremonies are annually organised in June and December. They are mainly for master’s degree graduates, but bachelor’s degree graduates who do not have the right to study for a master’s degree may also attend.
All students who graduated in 2020-23 are welcome to participate in the graduation ceremonies in June 2023. You can also attend the ceremony if your studies are finished but you do not graduate in time for the ceremony. Relatives are welcome to attend the event, up to 2 guest per graduate.
The graduated students will form a procession that walks into the auditorium led by the President. The relatives and other guests should find places in the auditorium well in advance (half an hour). Diplomas are not given out in the ceremonies.
The programme of the ceremony:
- The Formal Procession at 18.00
- Greetings by Representative of the Executive Leadership of Tampere University
- Speech by senior advisor Jussi Nousiainen, Academic Engineers and Architects in Finland TEK
- Music by Teekkarikuoro
- The Graduates' Speech
- Greetings from TREY Student Union
- Gaudeamus Igitur
In June two Graduation Ceremonies are organized:
- on Hervanta campus (main auditorium of Festia) at 18.00 on Friday 9 June 2023 (for max 150 graduates).
- on city centre campus (main auditorium of Päätalo at 12.00 on Saturday, 10 June 2023 (for max. 250 graduates)
The ceremony on Hervanta campus is mainly for those who have studied there, but you may also attend a ceremony on city centre campus if that suits you better. Graduates may bring up to two guests to the events.
The links and deadlines for registering to the ceremonies are:
- 9 June 2023 ceremony at 18.00 at Hervanta campus (by 12.00 on 2 June) from this link: https://www.lyyti.in/valmistuneidenjuhla_Hervanta
- 10 June 2023 ceremony at 12.00 at the city centre campus (by 12.00 on 2 June) from this link: https://www.lyyti.in/valmistuneidenjuhla_Keskusta
The students of early childhood education will provied a childpark-service during the ceremony in small auditorium of Festia.
Unless your faculty advises you differently, graduated students gather about half an hour prior to the event as follows:
- Hervanta campus: Festia’s foyer outside the large auditorium
- City centre campus: portrait gallery on floor 2 of Päätalo
The graduated students will form a procession that will walk into the auditorium led by the President. Guests should find places in the auditorium well in advance.
The ceremony lasts for about an hour, after which sparkling wine is served outside the auditorium and the guests can congratulate the graduates.
The dress code is either
- a suit (a combination of a jacket, trousers and a dress shirt is also all right as long as the outfit is festive) or
- a festive dress, skirt suit, or a trouser suit.
The same dress code also applies to the guests. On Hervanta campus, wearing the Teekkari cap is recommended.
Kyösti Koskela, tel. 050 318 6621, email@example.com