I am Professor of Manufacturing Engineering and Systems Engineering. I am in charge of the Manufacturing research group. My interests include:
- Modeling and simulation of manufacturing systems,
- Early integration of manufacturing considerations in the system development process,
- Efficient dynamic control and development of additive manufacturing methods based on Directed Energy Deposition,
- Knowledge coding in form of causal graphs,
- Integration of existing knowledge and design of artificial neural networks topologies using causal graphs,
- Dimensional analysis theory and its combination with causal graphs,
- Causal graph networks for decision-making support,
- Multi-Disciplinary Optimization and creativity support for Engineering,
- Early design process, automatic extraction and analysis of requirements,
- Metrics for system design and manufacturing.
Fields of expertise
I have skills in different domains: Manufacturing processes, Engineering design theory and practices, Systems Engineering, Mathematical methods for modeling simulation and Machine Learning. I published broadly in those fields during the past years.