First-party cookies (set by Tampere Universities community) are required for the operation of some of the forms on the website (eg feedback form). We do not use these cookies to determine your identity, and the data collected by the cookies cannot be used to reveal any personal information about you that you have not voluntarily sent to us. In addition, first-party cookies are needed for the login of the authorised users to the website’s administration interface and for storing and remembering cookie acceptances.
- lb_selection: stores information on whether the use of tuni.fi cookies is accepted and if the setting is to be remembered. Valid for the duration of the session.
- tuni-cookie-agreed: stores information on whether the use of tuni.fi cookies is accepted and if the setting is to be remembered. Valid for 183 days.
We do not use third-party cookies to collect information about your visit unless you have given your consent. You also may opt-out of tracking from certain third-party cookies. The Your Online Choices service allows you to access and manage your online advertising and privacy settings.
Third-party network analytics providers
To improve the content, usability and accessibility of our website, we use third-party cookies (Google Analytics, Hotjar, UXtweak and Siteimprove) on our website to collect information on, for example, how visitors use our website, device address or ID, web browser and/or device type.
These statistical cookies use unique character sets that identify your browser or device, for example, to track the time of visit and to distinguish you from other visitors to our site. The data does not allow an individual user to be identified as a named person.
We also use Google Tag Manager, which allows us to manage cookies and scripts on our site. For the Services, we use IP anonymisation, which means that the last few digits of the visitor’s IP address are deleted so that the visitor cannot be identified by the IP address when processing and storing data. However, cookie data from Google services may be transferred to and stored on Google servers, and some of them may be located outside the EU.
Cookies used by Google:
- _ga: Records a unique identifier that is used to generate statistics about how a visitor uses the website. Valid for two years.
- _gat_: Limiting the request speed. Valid for one day.
- _ga_: Collects information on the number of times a user has visited the website and the dates of the first and last visits. Valid for one day.
- _gid: Records a unique identifier that is used to generate statistics about how a visitor uses the website. Valid for two days.
Cookies used by Siteimprove:
- nmstat: Includes a character string in the current session. This includes unidentified information on the subpages the visitor browses. The information is used to optimise the visitor experience. Valid for 999 days.
Cookies used by Hotjar:
- _hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress: Calculates the number of times different visitors have visited the website − this is done by giving the visitor a unique identifier, so the visitor does not register twice. Valid for one day.
- _hjFirstSeen: Specifies whether a visitor has visited the website before or if they are a new visitor to the website. Valid for one day.
- _hjIncludedInSessionSample: Registers information about visitor behaviour on the website. This is used for internal analysis and website optimisation. Valid for one day.
- _hjSession_: Collects such statistics on visitor’s visits to the web page as the number of visits, average time spent on the site and what pages have been read. Valid for one day.
- _hjSessionUser_: Collects such statistics on visitor’s visits to the web page as the number of visits, average time spent on the site and what pages have been read. Valid for one year.
- _hjIncludedInPageviewSample: Detects whether user navigation and interactions are included in website data analyses. Valid for one day.
More information about privacy settings for analytics tools:
Google Analytics opt-out
Hotjar privacy settings
UXtweak Privacy Statement
Our website includes links to third-party services and embedded plugins for such services as Google and YouTube. Social media plugins have been deleted from the site, but the site has links to social media services. The content of these plugins comes directly from a third-party service and allows these parties to collect information on their users to the extent their own privacy policies permit.
More information about privacy settings for plugin services:
YouTube privacy settings
Google Privacy Policies
Facebook privacy settings
LinkedIn privacy settings
Twitter privacy settings
More information about Instagram advertising privacy settings available at www.aboutads.info and youronlinechoices.eu/fi
The Microsoft’s script on the website creates a cookie in the website visitor´s browser that can be used to monitor the visitor’s online behaviour on the tuni.fi website. The information collected is the duration of the website visit and the pages browsed. If the visitor is an identified person, i.e., has received a marketing email or filled out a registration form, this online behaviour will be added to the person’s information in the customer relationship management system. The information can be used to target marketing efforts. More information about Microsoft’s privacy policies available in the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
Cookies used by Microsoft:
- msd365mkttrs: Session tracking. Valid for the duration of the session.
- msd365mkttr: Behaviour tracking. Valid for two years.
Cookies used by Google:
- _gcl_au: Monitors the effectiveness of search engine advertising on websites. Valid for three months.
The site uses a third-party cookie-based Giosg chat service to enable users to contact the Universities community and ask questions. To provide this service, the unique identifier, the IP address, the browser and operating system and the pages that the user browses are recorded. For more information about the privacy policies of the chat service, please read the Giosg chat Privacy Statement.
- giosg_chat_id: User identification to enable uninterrupted continuation of the chat of a single user as the user browses from one page to another within the site. Valid for two days.
- giosg_gid: User identification and analysis, and the chat service development. Valid for two days.
- giosg_gsessid: Denotes new sessions and visits, used to analyse and develop the chat service. Valid for two days.
TinyCC URL shortening service by University Library
The customer service forms of the Universities community’s library use the TinyCC URL shortener service to shorten links.