Applying to Tampere University Bachelor’s programmes
Discover the Tampere University bachelor’s programmes. Carefully read through the detailed admissions instructions before submitting your application.
You will find further instructions and important information on how to apply to our programmes conducted in English at Studyinfo.fi.
Admissions for the Tampere University bachelor's programmes conducted in English is organised once a year as a part of the Finnish national "Joint application to higher education" application period. The application period for bachelor’s programmes conducted in English starting in August 2023 begins on 4 January 2023 at 8:00 (UTC+2) and ends 18 January 2023 at 15.00 (UTC+2).
Please read programme-specific requirements very carefully. Follow the supporting document submission process very carefully, as neglecting to provide supporting documents in time will result in a unsuccessful admission process. All programmes have a highly selective process for admission, with elements such as online interviews. These vary depending on the programme and are listed on each programme’s admissions criteria at Studyinfo.fi.
Applications are submitted on the national electronic application system Studyinfo.fi, which is the official and up-to-date website with all the information about programmes leading to a degree in Finland.
If alternative application procedures to the programme in question are available (i.e. open university route applications, transfer applications, MAOL competition in Finland), more information can be found on the programme's pages at Studyinfo.fi.
Ready to apply? Great! Here you can find all the necessary information when applying to a bachelor’s programme at Tampere University.
Admissions step-by-step checklist
- Check the eligibility criteria, admission procedure and documents needed listed on each programme’s admission criteria in Studyinfo.fi.
- Read through the instructions on how to apply and start preparing your application documents as early as possible!
- For SAT tests, find a test centre and register for the SAT test well in advance (if applying in the admission group I) or take a language test if required (if applying in the admission group II). Please see the language requirements.
- Fill in the online application at Studyinfo.fi during the application period and upload the required attachments to the application. The application period begins on 4 January 2023 at 8.00 UTC +2 and ends on 18 January 2023 at 15.00 UTC +2.
- Remember to upload all required attachments on the application form, by 25 January 2023 at 15.00 UTC +2 or by a separate deadline as instructed in the section "Application documents".
Applicants applying to the programmes in Science and Engineering, if you have delivered the SAT test result and meet the minimum score required, wait for your invitation to the online interview and participate the interview in March-April.
- You can apply for a scholarship on the application form, during the application period, if applicable.
- Wait for the admission results to be announced.
- If you are offered a study place, remember to accept it, and send certified copies of your educational documents by post. Please note given deadlines. Pay the tuition fee if required.
- If you are placed on the waiting list, a study place may be offered by 1 August 2023, after which acceptance from the waitlist ends.
- Start preparing for your arrival in Finland, if arriving from abroad.
- Register as a student and join the Tampere University community when the studies start in August 2023.
After you have submitted your application, you will receive an automatic message from Studyinfo.fi confirming that your online application form has been received. The automatic message includes your application number (e.g. 18.104.22.1682.11.00000000000000000000). Make sure to use an email that you have access to until the possible start of studies in autumn. If you do not receive a confirmation email, we advise that you check your junk mail folder. Otherwise, please contact Tampere University Admissions Services.
Language requirementsTuition feesScholarshipsPublication of student selection results for Bachelor's programmes