FinPEDA 2023, Finnish Education- Professional & Pedagogical Development Diploma Programme
Finnish education is unique, highly effective, student-centred, and functional. The key values that have led to this are flexibility and diversity, emphasis on broader knowledge and trust in the society.
The aim of this Professional & Pedagogical Development Diploma Programme is to give the participants an immersion to Finnish education, creating a better understanding of why Finnish quality education is at the top of the world.
The programme gives the participants concrete tools for applying the methods of Finnish education to their own context. It will provide the participants with tools and methods to:
· apply contemporary theories of learning in your teaching and facilitation and justify your pedagogical choices
· understand assessment as a meaningful learning experience and apply various assessment methods
· apply constructively aligned design in planning teaching and facilitation
· compare different pedagogical approaches and methods and evaluate their suitability to your own context
· understand the principles of competence-based curricula
· design online and blended learning and utilize digital tools in a pedagogically meaningful way
· understand diversity and consider individual learning processes in supporting students’ growth and wellbeing
· evaluate various learning and working environments and working cultures from the viewpoint of facilitation and students’ learning
· evaluate how emerging trends and changes in working life impact teaching and learning and teachers’ role
· implement entrepreneurship education in your context
· follow the principles of sustainable development in your work and promote sustainability in education
Who's it for
For teacher students, teachers, and other education professionals, who aim to deepen their understanding of the Key Success Factors of Finnish education, and entrepreneurship in education.
How does it all happen
This six-month program combines online distance learning and on-site training in Tampere, Finland.
It starts with an introductory webinar and continues with self-paced online learning including video lectures and small tasks, providing the participants with a basic knowledge of the key success factors of Finnish education.
The two intensive weeks in Finland are taught by various Finnish education experts and include a Finnish Cabin experience by the lake with our pedagogical experts. Each participant also makes a local development project during the programme. This three-month development phase will be guided and mentored by Finnish education experts. The programme culminates with an online final seminar in which participants get to present and share their development projects with other participants and Finnish teacher trainers that will provide feedforward.
Price per participant:
2 500 EUR (VAT 24% included) per person
Prices include the programme and a certificate with ECTS* from Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK). During the intensive week lunch each study day is included (10 days all together) as well as the Finnish cabin experience.
Accommodation, flights, and insurances for the the participants are not included in these prices.
When reserving your space in this highly practical and desired course you will be charged a 500 EUR reservation fee. Once we have the confirmation of the full group in the end of February 2023 the rest of the fee will be charged.
ECTS- The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) is a tool of the European Higher Education Area for making studies and courses more transparent. It helps students to move between countries and to have their academic qualifications and study periods abroad recognized. These studies are at the level 7 (masters level studies).