TAMK Student's Handbook
If we witness an accident or an emergency, we all have a duty to come to the aid of others in distress.
In case of an accident:
- Find out what has happened and especially whether hazards are still present. Do not endanger yourself or others.
- Rescue those in danger and prevent further accidents.
- Give first aid, if necessary.
- Call the emergency number 112 and follow the dispatcher’s instructions.
- Direct emergency personnel to the scene with the help of others,
Emergency first aid
- Is the patient alert? Try to wake him or her up.
- Is the patient breathing? Is the airway open? Gently tilt the head back to open the airway.
- Give first aid, if necessary:
- If the patient is unconscious but breathing, turn him or her onto the side and into the recovery position.
- If the patient is not breathing, give CPR: 30 chest compressions and 2 rescue breath.
- Call 112 and follow the dispatcher’s instructions.
More instructions for different situations are at Security and data protection section. For more information, please contact Safety team (turvallisuus [at] tuni.fi).